Deadliest Catch anyone???

Options
2»

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    My family thinks I'm crazy that I actually want to do this. Honestly, I love cold weather, I'm built like a polar bear, I love the ocean, and I have no sense of self preservation. And I love fishing.
  • amylebo
    amylebo Posts: 23
    Options
    I try to watch every Tuesday. If I don't get to watch it, I usually catch it during the week sometime. My husband thinks I am crazy. I would love to go out on one of the boats, but I get sea sick. I would definitely have to take several boxes of dramamine with me...lol.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs R the only shows I make time for. They both R great. I bet Mike Rowe is hilarious to hang with.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs R the only shows I make time for. They both R great. I bet Mike Rowe is hilarious to hang with.

I'd like to hang with him too. :devil:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :glasses: ADDICTED !!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Mike Rowe is HAWT!!!!:blushing:
  • fatsis
    Options

He is my role model for smarta$$ness.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

You've learned well, grasshopper. blowkiss.gif
  • fatsis
    Options

You've learned well, grasshopper. blowkiss.gif

Its a gift.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    To those who are wondering, Mike Rowe is AMAZING. Exactly the same in person that he is on the show. We all love him and he is a dream come true to work with! We pretty much laughed all day long, every day. Can't say enough good things about him.

And to anyone who is thinking of working on the boats...I've never felt any adrenaline rush like I did when I was out there (and I did every job that could be done, from chopping bait to beating the ice off with sledgehammers to pulling in pots, in between filming the show) and it was incredible. But yes, it is also incredibly dangerous and grueling. Just think long and hard about what you are getting yourself into! But hey, I wouldn't have it any other way...so I say go for it!

P.S. You haven't really lived until you've had king crab straight out the ocean, steamed for seven minutes in some Bering Sea water. Yummmmmmmmmm.
  • fatsis
    Options
    To those who are wondering, Mike Rowe is AMAZING. Exactly the same in person that he is on the show. We all love him and he is a dream come true to work with! We pretty much laughed all day long, every day. Can't say enough good things about him.

And to anyone who is thinking of working on the boats...I've never felt any adrenaline rush like I did when I was out there (and I did every job that could be done, from chopping bait to beating the ice off with sledgehammers to pulling in pots, in between filming the show) and it was incredible. But yes, it is also incredibly dangerous and grueling. Just think long and hard about what you are getting yourself into! But hey, I wouldn't have it any other way...so I say go for it!

P.S. You haven't really lived until you've had king crab straight out the ocean, steamed for seven minutes in some Bering Sea water. Yummmmmmmmmm.

How did U and your crew cope w/sea sickness. I saw a dirty job episode recently where he was on a fishing boat puking his guts out (and still had his sense of humor).
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    :laugh:

:bigsmile: I'd love to have a smarta*$$ showdown with him....I'm reasonably certain he'd win handsdown, but it'd be fun....:bigsmile:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

How did U and your crew cope w/sea sickness. I saw a dirty job episode recently where he was on a fishing boat puking his guts out (and still had his sense of humor).
    [/quote]

Mike has terrible sea-sickness. I was really lucky -- I don't get seasick at all, which I think was what made it, if not easier, at least not hell on earth as the first woman to be on the boats. I would have hated to be sick and perceived as being unable to hold my own with the guys.

But I feel for anyone who doesn't have strong sea legs. Even the veteran fisherman can be down and out for the count. Apparently it's one of the worst feelings on earth.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options

[/quote]

Mike has terrible sea-sickness. I was really lucky -- I don't get seasick at all, which I think was what made it, if not easier, at least not hell on earth as the first woman to be on the boats. I would have hated to be sick and perceived as being unable to hold my own with the guys.

But I feel for anyone who doesn't have strong sea legs. Even the veteran fisherman can be down and out for the count. Apparently it's one of the worst feelings on earth.
    [/quote]
    But ofoucrse thery don't show him hurling chunks!
    They always show one of his crew member hanging over the side:laugh:
    Can you get me an autograph???? kidding!!! (not really but yes)
  • Healthier_Me
    Options

OMG he is!!!
    He makes me laugh soooo friggin hard!
    Most sexiest thing a man can have.... an awesome sense of humor.. *sigh*
    Why.. hello there Mr. fatsis:wink:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I have great sea legs - learned from scuba diving and being on boats during hurricanes. The roughest seas don't do much to me (though I won't say I don't get seasick... I've seen too many people who have never had it before go green on a certain day at a certain time when the moon was just right... never to get sick again).

I just think it'd be awesome, and the payoff would be so worth it - a few months and I could have my student loans paid off, and a new roof on my parents house.
  • fatsis
    Options

OMG he is!!!
    He makes me laugh soooo friggin hard!
    Most sexiest thing a man can have.... an awesome sense of humor.. *sigh*
    Why.. hello there Mr. fatsis:wink:

aw schucks :blushing: