What's everyone giving up for lent?

Options

Replies

• BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I should try sweets (bread, candy, certain cereals, etc) again and only eat fruit. It's HARD. ! I did it once two years ago and my sweet tooth isn't as bad anymore.
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I gave up Facebook lol. Someone told me they like to give something up but also do something new for the 40 days. I am logging every single day and doing 100 situps/crunches everyday.g
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. I'm not Catholic.

Unwashed heathen.

Amen to that? Be my friend? :flowerforyou:
  • Amy62575
    Options
    I'm giving up Lent for Lent.

This logic may be too much for the Universe to handle.

I love you :heart:
  • ninjakristin
    Options
    I'm giving up sweet tea.
    It has been my crutch since I gave up soda (and never returned to it) last year for Lent.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. I'm not Catholic.

Unwashed heathen.

Amen to that? Be my friend? :flowerforyou:

I warn you, I'm a horrible friend. Probably due to being a heathen myself.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up soda completely. I don't drink much to begin with, but this will be a way for me to kick the habit for good.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    I'm giving up lent for lent.
    Dang I feel good.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sweet FA.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up sugar and alcohol. I'm going to find the alcohol tough but I need to be able to know that I can not have a drink when I really WANT a drink and lately I have wanted a drink way more than I want to want a drink if that makes any sense.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Kidnapping

Lmao!
  • tehbasketcasey
    Options
    Absolutely nothing....... because I don't believe in Christianity. :/
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Well, then it was extra nice of you to pop into a thread about Lent.
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Excess spending
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Ta ta ta....turn the other cheek and all that.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Pray for her soul then, isn't that what you people are supposed to do?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Faith
  • CrazyAngel908
    CrazyAngel908 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After reading thru all of the posts, I'm disheartened to see so many people bashing/making fun of people on this site practicing their faith - No where did it say that everyone on this site had to respond to every discussion post. *sighs* If I as an american citizen, am expected to respect everyone else's faiths/beliefs/disbeliefs and accept them - why should any of you disrespect practicing catholics? Just saying...

Now as for Lent.. I've thought long and hard on what I wanted to give up -- it's been years since I participated in Lent but decided it might not be such a bad thing since I'm working on making life changes as it is. =) So, I've decided that I'm going to refrain from potato chips and dip of any kind. AND I'm giving up excess spending of money with two exceptions, 1 being that I will still probably go out for St Patricks day and spend just a little more than I should celebrating and the Weekend that I finish my last college course it's already been planned that my friends and I are going out for dinner and drinks (which is excess spending as it's not a necessity).

Being as i haven't participated in Lent in years, I'm not sure if my exceptions are technically accepted, but since it's the 2nd thing that I'm giving up I hope it'll be okay. =)
  • Amy62575
    Options
    After reading thru all of the posts, I'm disheartened to see so many people bashing/making fun of people on this site practicing their faith - No where did it say that everyone on this site had to respond to every discussion post. *sighs* If I as an american citizen, am expected to respect everyone else's faiths/beliefs/disbeliefs and accept them - why should any of you disrespect practicing catholics? Just saying...

The question was "what's everyone giving up for lent?"

Nobody is "making fun or bashing people on this site practicing their faith", they are answering the question. Some are jokes. Apparently you can't take a joke. That's too bad for you.:cry:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Arguing on the internet.

hahahaahah just kidding