Recipes my husband would like

Options

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    These recipes sound amazing! I'm trying to eat healthy, but my roomie isn't, so making food to suit us both has been a pain lately! Any way for me to find out what the calories per serving would be for some of these?
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Try using salsa in dishes. It's 10 calories per 2 tablespoons and adds tons of flavor. Also meat rubs, chili and taco seasoning, lemon pepper seasonings, etc. Walk down the spice aisle and see what you'd like to try or have a look at www.penzeys.com or a similar site.

If you don't like your food as spiced, let him season it to his liking after it's prepared.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I have the break down of everything in my recipes so check them out...you can tweak them to make them lower in fat if you like..
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    bumping to try some of these :)
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump! must show Grog man otherwise known as husband who must have some form of dead animal on plate :laugh:
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    Sounds good to me.
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I need some of these recipes too! Thank you!
  • hockeywife91
    hockeywife91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump!

Also check out www.skinnytaste.com It's a great site that makes all kinds of your favorites, but skinny.
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Cumin is a great spice with a ton of strong, smoky flavor. Also curry. Don't underestimate garlic, too...like in pesto.
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    and fresh herbs like cilantro, rosemary...

Dijon brings a ton of flavor too. Doesn't have to be hot to have flavor.
  • Ellienana
    Ellienana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ellienana
    Ellienana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bonnie_w
    Options
    Bump thanks for sharing
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I probably couldn't make a bland meal at gunpoint.

I use a cayenne pepper shaker and granulated garlic like some people use salt, and cook with salsa and curry in or on just about everything savory-- from salads (salsa is a GREAT lo-cal salad dressing) to veggies, meat, pasta rice, beans.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    try www.skinnytaste.com for amazing recipes. I recommend the Cheesy jalapeno popper chicken as well as the spinach and ricotta rollitini.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/03/skinny-texas-cheese-fries.html
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/cheesy-jalapeno-popper-baked-stuffed.html
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/skinny-baked-broccoli-macaroni-and.html

Those are just a few ideas.

I also make cordon bleu by using whole grain cereals in a food processor, spices (garlic and paprika) added, and then using that as breading for the cordon bleu. I then use 1/2 - 1 oz mozarella cheese and 1 slice deli ham and bake for 30-ish mins.
    I serve with greek yogurt honey mustard (made from scratch) instead of hollendaise. It's amazing!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Some of these sound pretty good.

Thanks.
  • JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Agree on the www.skinnytaste.com reply; I've been making a lot of her recipes, and my husband said "we're eating really yummy stuff since you went on your diet" !!! :noway: He really loves the stuffed peppers recipe and begs for me to make it!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html

Plus, skinnytaste provides all of the calorie/macro breakdowns, plus Weight Watchers points for every recipe.