Needing To Be Encouraged!

Options
Been on this road for 3 weeks and feel like I am not making as much progress as expected in loosing weight. I must confess I feel good after shedding off 7 pounds, but I do want to see corresponding weight loss. I work out almost every day and eat right, staying under my daily calorie goal. Wondering what else I need to do to speed up the progress...

Replies

• 141by2016
    Options
    You have been here at 3 weeks and are down 7lbs. You are doing AWESOME! At this rate you'll be there in no time.
  • frizzlechic
    Options
    Just keep going and dont give up...you have only just started 3 weeks ago! If you keep being consistent your body will respond and start kicking up your metabolism. so do keep going and dont give up or starve yourself to cut back your calories or your body can hold onto its resources..see if there is one thing you can change and start dong it. for me its having no bread if I am having potatoes or rice with a meal.... you can do this!
  • Krysannis
    Krysannis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There isn't too much that you can do to speed up the process. Just make sure that although you're staying under your calorie goal that the foods you are eating are healthy. Make sure you're doing cardio and strength training, you may not want to "buff up" but you slim down some when you tone your muscles. Light weights are your friends :) Good luck with your journey and keep your head up! You're doing great!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. We just gotta keep on going!! I think my body is going ""WTF??" right now. Hopefully our bodies will catch on to what we want them to do and things will kick into gear. I'm trying not to focus on the numbers on the scales and focus on the other positives. I'm getting stronger, clothes are a bit looser, my chronic shoulder pain I've had for 4+ years are almost nonexistent, my endurance has increased, my nails are growing longer and stronger....all this in 5 weeks!
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It would be a mistake to speed it up. Steady and gradual will increase your chances of keeping it off for good.
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get frustruated when we try max ourselves out hoping to get speedy results. Remember you're a human being, not a robot. Even when we do all the right things, as it seems you are, we need to have patience. 3 weeks is an awesome start but by this time next year, it will feel like a blip in the the road. Keep your head up :)