Options
13»

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Wow. I can't argue with that.

*leaves the room, turns out the lights*
    "Turn out the lights. Where we're going tonight, we won't need them tonight." ~The Presets: Talk Like That.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Most of the green leafy or moldy looking stuff or that fungi stuff is junk. Of course, this is my opinion.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    any food in which an essential ingredient has been replaced with vegetables.

cauliflower pizza, check

broccoli guacamole, check

light beer, check
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Now I want waffle house. Bad.

Take me with you
  • Dedicatediva
    Dedicatediva Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Junk food is any food that you consume that has no nutritional value.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have a very narrow definition since I believe very few foods literally fall into that category. It would have to be something offering minuscule nutritional value yet be of significant calories mainly from sugars or fats. Examples would be those sugary pixy sticks and cotton candy.

Those two are excellent energy sources.

tumblr_ktqswthLPc1qatk68o1_400_Your_Argument_is_Invalid-s400x400-66335-580.jpg?1346392000
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    any food in which an essential ingredient has been replaced with vegetables.

cauliflower pizza, check

broccoli guacamole, check

light beer, check

Ewww
    Ewww
    and...meh, I actually prefer Miller Lite if I'm not getting a GOOD beer, but then again my drink of choice is vodka & something else
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    What I am TRYING to get my mindset to is that junk food = anything who's nutrition value isn't worth its taste. For example, about 200 calories worth ice cream will always be worth it for me to have daily. I will gladly sacrifice that amount of calories to satisfy my taste buds. Cheetos on the other hand typically won't be since its high in calories for a small amount with not a lot of bang for my caloric buck in terms of other nutrition either (Vitamins, calcium etc). Now, if I were to eat the same lunch and dinner of bbq'd chicken but cooked from 2 different places, if lunch chicken tasted nasty while dinner was delicious, I would be pissed off because I just wasted my calories on a lunch that I didn't enjoyed at all.

^this is kind of where I am at the moment and I think you are right to shoot for that mindset. It is working very well for me. Brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts = worth it. Red velvet cake pop tarts = yuck, blech, inedible and soooo not worth it. This is odd because I love red velvet cake, but I was very disappointed in these pop tarts!!!

But seriously, I think your goal approach is dead on. Basically, it is about the total diet as SS so correctly stated, and enjoying high calorie possibly less nutritious items that you love from time to time, not wasting it on nasty red velvet cake pop tarts.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    In my world junk food is any food that is passed to me through a window. In Arizona, that includes booze.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    A food that is extremely high in calories relative to its nutritional merit.

Bacon Covered Donuts

Donuts, period.

Get out.

Whatever, beer girl.

COME. AT. ME.

Oh honey. Like you can throw down while guarding your precious ale.

WHEN THIS BOTTLE'S EMPTY, GUESS WHERE IT'S GOING.

In the recycling, because I am a conscientious American.

Wow. I can't argue with that.

*leaves the room, turns out the lights*

Oh, how I love you both. You made this thread so much better. :heart:

They did. I wasn't going to come into this thread. But now I'm glad I did. :flowerforyou:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    once it's in the garbage can, it becomes junk food.

unless, of course, it wasn't down in, and instead sort of right on top. above the rim. and definitely if on a magazine and still on the doily.

george-eclair.jpg
    It was junk food adjacent
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Joking aside I would say that generally speaking one should consider the entire diet as a whole rather than trying to make comparisons of singular food items in isolation.

^This. I like what SideSteel said.
  • PDXContessa
    PDXContessa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Generally it's something that has little nutritional value while having high calories from added sugar and fats.

I agree with this. I was about to take exception with the part about fats. I love avocados, but since they are high in nutritional value, they are not a problem.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

there are varied amounts of nutrients in pretty much everything. just sayin.
  • Offical
    Options
    Generally it's something that has little nutritional value while having high calories from added sugar and fats.

agree
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Take me with you

Wait for me!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options

Take me with you

Wait for me!

Me2...I want big slabs of bacon too!!!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options

there are varied amounts of nutrients in pretty much everything. just sayin.
    This. I'm racking my brain trying to think of something with no nutritional value. It would have to contain absolutely no calories, no water, no trace minerals, no protein, no fat, no vitamins...perhaps powdered artificial sweetener, eaten with a spoon?