I'm Back....again

Options
So once again I am back. I get so discouraged about trying to lose weight but I hate what I see in the mirror. I bought a shirt tonight and hated the way I looked in it so I will be returning it tomorrow. However, it gave me that extra push I needed to get back on my elliptical and start exercising again. I have been trying to do good about eating healthy at work. I've been eating lowfat cereal bars and fruit in the morning and salad and cantaloupe for lunch or I will have cantaloupe with grapes. The exercise is what I have been lacking.
I really need support and motivation. Thank you to all of you who still send me messages asking if I am ok. I was in a slump but I really wanna try this again and succeed with it.

Replies

• nsdodge
    nsdodge Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am back again too after about 12 months more or less off. It's never too late to succeed.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    KEEP THE SHIRT. Put it away for when you think you do look good in it. Don't sacrifice something that you like just because you don't like how you look in it. I have all of my "goal clothes" in a drawer and I hope to get into them someday... until than, I think of them as a motivator.

Welcome back, I wish you the best of luck. Add me for the extra push!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I say take the shirt back and exchange it for a smaller size. You'll be ready to rock that shirt soon...just you wait and see. :-)
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a fresh start...go for it!!!
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! It's a long, slow process. I'm stalled right now but I know that soon I will be losing again. Just keep your head up, keep fighting and don't be afraid to reach out for support!
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    Options
    You can do it! Stay focused! It is good to have folks who want to see you at your best. I am thankful for my sister who always wants the best for me and for MFP buds.
  • ardnajelatr
    ardnajelatr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think the same way, don't return it. Keep it. Sooner than you think, it is going to fit. :wink:
  • erynleigh13
    Options
    I'm also back .... again! I used MFP faithfully for about a year, but a few months ago moved to a new state. It has been a huge adjustmet for me - trying to find a new gym, not having my trainer or the amazing group fitness classes I'm used to. I created a new MFP profile tonight and I'm ready to kick start my weight loss journey part 2. We can do this! If anyone wants to, please add me as a friend! :)
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    good luck.. I am currently struggling so I know how it feels.. Send a friend request if you would like..