still flabby...why?

Options
So I have been on a diet since 1992, when I began exercising. Now it's 2013 and I'm confused as to why I'm still so flabby. I joined my gym in 2007 and have faithfully been going at least 3 times a week. I lift, bench press, leg press, everything press a lot of weight. On the days I'm not at the gym, I do lots of cardio and interval training. I have been taking protein powder now for a month and have been taking muscle recovery since 2009. I barely have seen any results. My body is still so flabby. I eat a ton of veggies, hardly any red meat, avoid desserts and pizza but once a month. I drink a half cup of organic milk when I wake up to start my metabolism. I even bought a bodymedia fit arm band to calculate my calories burned better. Help! I'm at a total loss why I'm still flabby!

Replies

• MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    So I have been on a diet since 1992, when I began exercising. Now it's 2013 and I'm confused as to why I'm still so flabby. I joined my gym in 2007 and have faithfully been going at least 3 times a week. I lift, bench press, leg press, everything press a lot of weight. On the days I'm not at the gym, I do lots of cardio and interval training. I have been taking protein powder now for a month and have been taking muscle recovery since 2009. I barely have seen any results. My body is still so flabby. I eat a ton of veggies, hardly any red meat, avoid desserts and pizza but once a month. I drink a half cup of organic milk when I wake up to start my metabolism. I even bought a bodymedia fit arm band to calculate my calories burned better. Help! I'm at a total loss why I'm still flabby!

I can't see your diary but maybe try upping your intake?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    All the strength training you do will not work as it should unless you are eating enough food along with it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Could this be a case of body dysmorphia? Is it possible you are NOT flabby, you just see yourself that way? I don't know. Post pictures.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    If you have been doing exercise for all that time and are dissatisfied with the results, it could be you are not exercising for your body type. I found a combination of cardio & resistance training really made the difference for me. Try different exercise programs and find the one that works for you.
  • Rachelatherbest
    Rachelatherbest Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I posted my photos in my profile. I really appreciate all the advice.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    seeing your pics, reminds me of me (but nicer shape with more muscle!)

get your thyroid checked, I have hypothyroid (hashimotos) and it puts me through hell with my weight. So many women have problems with their thyroid but just don't know it! (as do some men)