HELP!!!!!!!! HOW MANY CALORIES

Options
2»

Replies

• joels1979
    joels1979 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just want to give a little helpful input. First the amount of Calories you intake is important but the amount you burn in a day matters too. I'm in my early 30's as well. I've noticed if I eat right and don't exercise I've got about a 10LB max of loss over time. The body will adapt to the calorie intake which will slow or stop wait loss. Also women hold water weight different then men, so you could loss 2lb one week and gain 1 or 2lbs the next week. Honestly to see the best result you need to make sure your protein intake is around 50%, 30%fats(good ones of course) and 20%carbs, this number doesn't have to be perfect but you need to continue to work on that formula until you have it down. Next your going to need to workout 6 days week for at least an hour. You don't have to go to the gym. If that sounds like to much; start with 3 days then 4 and so on. If your metabolism doesn't increase then your body want to store fat. Also I would only get on the scales once a month or every two weeks. What every plan you have it will take a month for your body to start working as needed which is sometimes the hardest part.
  • clodsb
    clodsb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    But all the research i have done says i need to eat more?????

Do you still feel hungry at the end of the day, on 1200 cal? If you do up it because you won't be able to stick to diet, I'm only eating 1200 but I've never been a big eater I was a non filling snack addict before joining here, whatever you choose to do needs to be right for you not what the calculators say, use them as a guide line
  • funnymum1995
    funnymum1995 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am ok with 1200 cals, in the past lost over 4stones with the old weight watchers, had my two little girls and now nothing seems to work :sad:

I can not find somethng that works, i do try and exercise but can only do walking, brisk, or weights and have attempted dvds, does any one out there know if i eat 30% below my tdee......would that work?
  • funnymum1995
    Options
    ANYONE?????????????
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned about a small, short-term gain, try not to worry about it. If you have just started a new exercise routine, your body may retain water as the muscles repair themselves. Also, watch your sodium intake. If you've had a lot of sodium for a couple of days, your weight WILL be up.

I very strongly recommend using the "in place of a road map" link someone posted earlier in this thread. Take the time to read all the information carefully and you will have a much better understanding of what you should do. Once you arrive at a good calorie goal using that method, then stick with it for a MONTH, and THEN WEIGH.

This is a long-term process, so take the long view and let go of the diet mentality that demands fast results.
  • jenniferlcrumb
    jenniferlcrumb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, my goal even with the weight loss clinic is 1200 cals a day... Its not too low the trick is eating up to 8 times a day to keep your metabolism moving.... because you would have the same calorie intake I will share what the clinic gave me to work with
    Breakfast 200cal
    Snack 75 cal
    Protein or fibre source 15mins before lunch - 50cal
    Lunch -300cal
    snack- 75
    Protein or fibre source 15 mins before dinner- 50cal
    dinner - 375
    snack -75
    You need to aim to eat every 2-3 hours and any of the meals can be replacement drinks/bars etc. just keep it at the goal and your ready to rock and roll !!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism keeps chugging along even if you eat all your calories in 2 meals, as long as you are eating the same number of calories a day, it doesn't matter how you time them. The only reason to spread meals out throughout the day is for hunger management.
  • funnymum1995
    Options
    Thankyou for inputs.... have read the road map, several times, lol...... BMR 1843, TDEE is 2534. i am coming up at 1773 cals, thats -30%, because i am big and he says its k 2 minus 30%, set carbs at 40%, fat and protein 30%.

Have i cracked it?????:flowerforyou:
  • funnymum1995
    Options
    PLEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for inputs.... have read the road map, several times, lol...... BMR 1843, TDEE is 2534. i am coming up at 1773 cals, thats -30%, because i am big and he says its k 2 minus 30%, set carbs at 40%, fat and protein 30%.

Have i cracked it?????:flowerforyou:

Sounds about right, I also just started about a week and half ago(TDEE -20%), so far I have lost little over pound, that's alright as my body is getting use to higher calories, as I was doing 1200 cals and was starving, now I feel so much better!!! Good luck. :flowerforyou: