10 Day Juice diet

Options
Evoken
Evoken Posts: 36 Member
Hey guys I have been reading a lot about the 30 day Juice fasting/diet .. and have heard about the amazing results. I got a few recipes but most of them are Fruit juice recipes... I want to start a 10 day Juice diet 1st and see how it works .. Would love to share some Recipes and get some too...Now my question to u is that is there a certain recipe style that u need to follow like 1st few days sugar juices then veggie juices or u can start whit whatever juice u want and can I drink more then 1 type of juice in one day.. For example if i am drinking pineapple strawberry mint juice, am i suppose to drink just that 1 the whole day or i can change it up too...

Thanks
Sue
XOXO

Here are some of the recipies that i have.

Mexican-Style Jugo Juice
2 large cucumbers
4 cups packed cilantro leaves and stems, roughly chopped
1 lime
1 poblano pepper, ribs and seeds removed
1 Golden Delicious apple

Gazpacho Juice
4 plum tomatoes
1 large cucumber
2 celery stalks
1 red bell pepper
1/4 small red onion
2 cups packed parsley leaves and stems, roughly chopped
1 lime

All-Green Juice
Handful of romaine hearts
Handful of kale or collard greens
Handful of spinach
2 handfuls of parsley
2 to 3 celery stalks
1 (thumb-size) piece of ginger
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    This is not an approach that is condoned on MFP. Please reconsider your plan and make changes that are both healthy and sustainable.
  • Evoken
    Options
    This is not an approach that is condoned on MFP. Please reconsider your plan and make changes that are both healthy and sustainable.
    Really??? I just searched about it.. I workout 6times a week. lift weights, eat healthy i dont think i am doing anything wrong with my diet.. this is a cleansing diet which i was planning to follow for 10 days.. you cannot make it a lifestyle but 1st of all ur not starving and second of all your drinking all your veggies.. whats wrong with that? I have an open mind on this diet . Trying to get reviews. If such discussions are condoned on MFP how will i do my research and educate myself let alone get some recipes
    Options
    Unless you're adding HEAPS AND HEAPS of fat in the form of avocado, flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, seeds, etc then you are not going to be getting adequate calories. That's why it's unhealthy. Exercising on top of it would be creating a MASSIVE calorie deficit--you'd essentially be fasting for 10 days because your net calorie intake would likely be near 0 or below it.
    Options
    Hey guys I have been reading a lot about the 30 day Juice fasting/diet .. and have heard about the amazing results. I got a few recipes but most of them are Fruit juice recipes... I want to start a 10 day Juice diet 1st and see how it works .. Would love to share some Recipes and get some too...Now my question to u is that is there a certain recipe style that u need to follow like 1st few days sugar juices then veggie juices or u can start whit whatever juice u want and can I drink more then 1 type of juice in one day.. For example if i am drinking pineapple strawberry mint juice, am i suppose to drink just that 1 the whole day or i can change it up too...

Thanks
    Sue
    XOXO

Here are some of the recipies that i have.

Mexican-Style Jugo Juice
    2 large cucumbers
    4 cups packed cilantro leaves and stems, roughly chopped
    1 lime
    1 poblano pepper, ribs and seeds removed
    1 Golden Delicious apple

Gazpacho Juice
    4 plum tomatoes
    1 large cucumber
    2 celery stalks
    1 red bell pepper
    1/4 small red onion
    2 cups packed parsley leaves and stems, roughly chopped
    1 lime

All-Green Juice
    Handful of romaine hearts
    Handful of kale or collard greens
    Handful of spinach
    2 handfuls of parsley
    2 to 3 celery stalks
    1 (thumb-size) piece of ginger
    Juice of 1/2 lemon

each of these recipes have a MAXIMUM of like 200 calories. You are planning on working out while consuming 200 calories for 10 days? That seems healthy to you?
  • Evoken
    Options
    Unless you're adding HEAPS AND HEAPS of fat in the form of avocado, flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, seeds, etc then you are not going to be getting adequate calories. That's why it's unhealthy. Exercising on top of it would be creating a MASSIVE calorie deficit--you'd essentially be fasting for 10 days because your net calorie intake would likely be near 0 or below it.

hmmm sounds appropriate.... How about if i give my body a rest from working out for a few days and do the cleansing... 4 to 5 vegie juices a day.... i am 5.2 and 160.. apparently my metabolism rate is really slow because i cannot eat 4 to 5 small meals because of my unstable work schedules.. thats y i have been able to lose only 11lbs in 2yrs... i am getting in shape but that process is wayyyy to slow.... its frustating sometimes..
  • Chrysy87
    Chrysy87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This may not be the place to get the information you are seeking but there are many sites that do support fasting where you could get the help. Google is a wonderful thing! I have dabbled with fasting and actually enjoyed it to a degree. Youtube also has many juice fast resources. :D Good luck!
    Options

hmmm sounds appropriate.... How about if i give my body a rest from working out for a few days and do the cleansing... 4 to 5 vegie juices a day.... i am 5.2 and 160.. apparently my metabolism rate is really slow because i cannot eat 4 to 5 small meals because of my unstable work schedules.. thats y i have been able to lose only 11lbs in 2yrs... i am getting in shape but that process is wayyyy to slow.... its frustating sometimes..

I understand the frustration but I'd really suggest getting your hormone levels checked and attempting to figure out what is causing your lack of progress. Measures like this can wreak havoc on your endocrine system and further halt weight/fat loss (after the initial loss).
  • Evoken
    Options

I understand the frustration but I'd really suggest getting your hormone levels checked and attempting to figure out what is causing your lack of progress. Measures like this can wreak havoc on your endocrine system and further halt weight/fat loss (after the initial loss).

I will thank you for the suggestion :)
  • greeneyedKat
    Options
    I was wondering about the juice diet also. I have been lifting and put on some muscle, but I have too much body fat on top of the muscle! I was thinking about having 5 juices a day....that would be around 1,000 or so calories....dont want to lose any muscle though, so I thought maybe a scoop of protein powder in a couple of the juices a day....what are the thoughts on this??
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i always wanted to do a juice fast w/protein powder. but, i dont have a blender yet :(
  • Evoken
    Options
    I was wondering about the juice diet also. I have been lifting and put on some muscle, but I have too much body fat on top of the muscle! I was thinking about having 5 juices a day....that would be around 1,000 or so calories....dont want to lose any muscle though, so I thought maybe a scoop of protein powder in a couple of the juices a day....what are the thoughts on this??

you stole my plan.... lol.. I was thinking of doing the same thing.. I will do a little more research on the juice diet and will talk to my doctor too before starting it..would suggest you the same
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Really??? I just searched about it.. I workout 6times a week. lift weights, eat healthy i dont think i am doing anything wrong with my diet.. this is a cleansing diet which i was planning to follow for 10 days.. you cannot make it a lifestyle but 1st of all ur not starving and second of all your drinking all your veggies.. whats wrong with that? I have an open mind on this diet . Trying to get reviews. If such discussions are condoned on MFP how will i do my research and educate myself let alone get some recipes

^^^^^^^TROLL ALERT!!! :noway:
  • AdrianasMombieED
    Options
    just because someone wants to try something new out of curiosity, it makes them a troll? alright.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    just because someone wants to try something new out of curiosity, it makes them a troll? alright.

^^^^Yesterday's Troll:noway:
  • AdrianasMombieED
    Options

^^^^Yesterday's Troll:noway:

wow, you are pathetic..

how old are we? 53? you're acting like a child. HA
  • Evoken
    Options
    Made an Appointment with the Doctor will discuss about the Juice diet with here... Meanwhile whats your take on Veggie alternatives of Protein.. I do eat meat but these days i am a vegetarian .. so besides Eggs i cannot think of much options.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I would personally be wary of cutting calories that much. However, I have started juicing once a day (keeping my total caloric intake the same) and so far my entire family has loved every recipe here (but we are only on day 5):

http://blog.williams-sonoma.com/30-days-of-juicing/

I am using it more as a snack and way to get a variety of nutrients in my diet. Honestly, I think I would be *awfully* hungry if I made these my meals.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Options
    Evoken - I'm veggie too, for Protein I stick mostly with spinach, chick peas (mmm homemade hummus!) and soybeans. Also- a great excuse to have peanut butter!

You should also look into just how much protein we really do need. If you've been on the veggie diet for awhile, you've probably done some reading. A lot of the push for protein comes from the meat industry.. As does the dairy industry with calcium. The truth is, a good & diverse veggie diet should give you more than enough of these things. :)
  • Evoken
    Options
    Evoken - I'm veggie too, for Protein I stick mostly with spinach, chick peas (mmm homemade hummus!) and soybeans. Also- a great excuse to have peanut butter!

You should also look into just how much protein we really do need. If you've been on the veggie diet for awhile, you've probably done some reading. A lot of the push for protein comes from the meat industry.. As does the dairy industry with calcium. The truth is, a good & diverse veggie diet should give you more than enough of these things. :)
    Hummus... Homemade.. perfect . I am such a big meat lover but i am clensing my system and have left meat till november.. There are not many options for Protein ...

PS my doctor gave me a thumbs up for the 10 days juice diet. He said its good to give your body a rest too... So i will be starting the Mean Green Juice diet today and see how it goes by the end of the 10th day..
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/tag/joe-cross/ ........Ive replaced a snack/meal with a juice instead.