What times do you eat?

Options
Right, basically.. I've had breakfast already. Lunch is soon and then dinner. But I'm just curious to if I should be eating them at certain times or something. So just want to know how you's eat! So.. what times to you eat and why? ♥

Replies

• auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you want , it wont make a difference at all to your weight loss.
  • nikkinz
    nikkinz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Meal 1 at 7:30 Breakfast shake
    Meal 2 at 10:30 Egg white omlette and oatmeal
    Meal 3 at 1:30 Salad with protein
    Meal 4 at 4 Trail mix or cottage chesse with berries
    Workout 5-6
    Meal 5 at 6:30 Protein veg and carb
    sometimes a meal 6 at 9 Greek yogurt or Cottage cheese maybe popcorn
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Totally this. All the research indicates no benefit to meal timing or frequency. Let your preference and your sense of well being drive your meal times.
  • mmapags
    Options
    Workout 5-6

Glad this works for you and likely helps your satiety but in the big picture it has no effect on weight loss other than for you, you prefer it as and it helps you to stay on plan. Others are different. If I ate that often, there is no way I could stay within my calorie goal. It's all individual preference. There is no metabolic advantage.
  • nikkinz
    nikkinz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

Workout 5-6

Glad this works for you and likely helps your satiety but in the big picture it has no effect on weight loss other than for you, you prefer it as and it helps you to stay on plan. Others are different. If I ate that often, there is no way I could stay within my calorie goal. It's all individual preference. There is no metabolic advantage.

Its definitley about satiety. I noticed if I went longer in between meals I was more likely to over eat. I only answered because you asked not because I feel my way is better. Its just what works for me
  • mmapags
    Options
    QUOTE:

Workout 5-6

Its definitley about satiety. I noticed if I went longer in between meals I was more likely to over eat. I only answered because you asked not because I feel my way is better. Its just what works for me

Totally valid!
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    8am, 10am, Noon, 2pm and 4pm for the most part. Every so often I'll eat later in the evening if I have calories left. I have to make sure I hit my calorie goal dead on since I'm pregnant. I can't really go under by much.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

This. I don't have set times, I eat when I'm hungry. Which is usually lunch time, dinner time and sometimes a snack in between or a snack after dinner.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Generally when I'm hungry, which always lands at lunchtime and dinner. I make damn sure I eat something small before my workouts, which are usually in the morning. (I get sick otherwise.) An orange or something. I have very calm mornings, so I don't need a lot of energy until my day picks up - which coincides with lunch and dinner. Then I need more fuel to get me through.

I can't stick to rigid feeding times. I can never keep up with my hunger that way and my schedule generally shifts from week to week.
  • Jerodhold
    Options
    Meal 1 - 5:30-6:00 am
    Meal 2 - 8:30-9:00 am
    Meal 3 - 10:30-11:00am
    Meal 4 - 12:30pm
    Meal 5 - 4:00 or 5:00pm
    Meal 6 - Whenever the wife finishes cooking haha
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I don't specifically plan when I eat but I usually get hungry:

5am
    2pm
    8pm
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    Usually 9:30,2:30,5:30,8:30 and if I have calories left over i'll have a small yoghurt about 10 :)
  • jello1369
    jello1369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    On work days I start work at 6 am but most days, even days off, I typically eat...
    Morning Coffee no later than 7-7:30am
    Breakfast around 7:30-8:30
    Work Out Day Snack 10:30 (usually an apple)
    <Work Out 11:00-11:45>
    Lunch 11:00ish or 12:00ish if it's a work out day
    Snack around 2:00-2:30
    Snack (if I'm hungry or I know it's going to be a late dinner) around 4:00-4:30
    Dinner, really depends on the day and what kids are home that night. 5:00-7:30pm

I know it doesn't really matter when you eat, but when I eat fewer calories while dieting I have to eat smaller meals more often during the day or else I'm just sluggish and don't feel all that great.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 6:30
    morning snack 9:30
    Lunch around 1130-1230(depends where I am)
    afternoon snack 130-230(depends when I ate lunch)
    Supper at 5-6pm
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    Eat when your body tells you too. If your tummy is rumbling, it's not good to let it go like that for too long or you might over eat or your body might store too much of what you eat, bc it's afraid your not going to feed it again. I stay under my calorie goal by quite a bit eat day, but I feel like I am constantly eating. It works for my metabolism. Each person is different. I just recommend not eating too too close to bed time. I've read that your tum should rest for a bit and have a chance to digest before sleeping. Then shock your system awake the next morning with a big glass of water. Water first thing in the morning is awesome!
  • BHetrick
    BHetrick Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's been 1 month for me now.

My eating window is 1pm to 7pm. I'm intermittent fasting. Two weeks of this and I've lost 15 pounds. Prior to that I was eating my 3-4 meals throughout the day and I had only lost 4 pounds over 2 weeks.

Same calories, same workout. All I did was change my eating time.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you're hungry. I used to be a stickler for meal times (9am breakfast, 12am lunch, 3pm snack, 6pm dinner, 9pm snack) and would honestly get upset whenever I didn't eat at those times. Now that I realize how utterly ridiculous and disordered that was, I eat when I'm hungry, but still try to eat every 3-5 hours.

Now my day usually looks like this: 10am breakfast, 2pm lunch, 4-5pm snack (sometimes), dinner anywhere from 6-8pm, and maybe a snack before bed around 11pm.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    8-ish
    11-ish
    2-ish
    after 5

Plus a bedtime snack more days than not.

I set myself a schedule for mealtimes because my problem was constant grazing. Now when I find myself in the kitchen, I ask "is it mealtime? No? Get out of here!"
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eat when your body tells you too. If your tummy is rumbling, it's not good to let it go like that for too long or you might over eat or your body might store too much of what you eat, bc it's afraid your not going to feed it again. I stay under my calorie goal by quite a bit eat day, but I feel like I am constantly eating. It works for my metabolism. Each person is different. I just recommend not eating too too close to bed time. I've read that your tum should rest for a bit and have a chance to digest before sleeping. Then shock your system awake the next morning with a big glass of water. Water first thing in the morning is awesome!

You don't go into "starvation mode" in a few hours. Also, it doesn't matter when you eat, so unless you have digestive issues, it's fine to eat before bed time.