never full

Options
I don`t know what it is.. but I can eat a ton of food and I NEVER feel full. Even being as heavy as I am, I shoudn`t be able to eat a ridiculous amount of food and not feel full.

I don`t know what`s causing it.. any ideas?

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I used to be that way too.
    I think it might sometimes be our bodies are so out of whack because we've not listened to them for so long we no longer hear the signals of full, hunger etc.

That's one thing about this site keeping track of how much you need to eat day and making sure you get that in with healthy foods, your body will come to expect that amoung and hopefully get back in rhythm and you'll be able to know before you get full and have a 'satisfied' feeling after a meal.
  • Emorriso165
    Emorriso165 Posts: 23
    Options
    It could be the type of foods you're eating. Try upping foods with protein and fiber because they help you feel full faster/longer. Also avoid really processed (white) carbs because they don't do much to fill you up. Also, it could potentially that you are not really hungry but stressed, bored, anxious, etc. Those type of emotions can occasionally manifest themselves as hunger! Also make sure that you are drinking plenty of water. Maybe drink a big glass or two before each meal just to kind of fill up your stomach. I'm kind of the same way though and need to eat foods with lots of volume such as popcorn, rice, steamed vegetables and oatmeal.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    There is a good possibility that you have stretched your stomach. It should only be roughly the size of your fist. You can shrink it back, but it takes eating small amounts and perseverance because you may be hungry at first.
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    There is a difference in not feeling full and not feeling hungry. Everytime I used to eat, I would eat until I was full, now the reason I need to lose weight. But I had to get used to pushing myself away from the table because I wasn't hungry anymore. So I may eat a meal and not be full, but I'm not hungry either. So sometimes I have to find something to do to take my mind off of it like I immediately start cleaning up my dishes, putting leftovers away so that I get busy doing something else.