breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Our goto QUICK healthy breakfast is Omelette Muffins. This makes a dozen that you can eat all week. My husband and I have made a few different flavors and have loved them all. We will eat 1-2 for breakfast. We eat them cold and warmed up. Sometimes we toast english muffins and make a sandwich. They are quick to make and you get some of your daily allowances of veggies. Enjoy!!!

In a bowl beat 8 eggs (any mix of yolks and whites if you have cholestrol issues). Chop up any combination of veggies (onions, peppers, tomatoes, brocolli), add a chopped up protein (turkey bacon, ham, black beans), some cheese ( I do 1/3 cup), spices (cayanne pepper, cumin, dill). This mix will be chunky but eggs will bake all around it. Add 1/4 cup into muffin tin ( I fill it almost to top). I have non stick pan so don't need to spray but you can use olive oil Pam if needed. Don't use paper muffin cups. Bake in oven 350 for 25-30 min. Cool 10 min then place in sealable container and keep in frig for up to a week.

omg that sounds soooo good!!!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I used to never eat breakfast, simply because i had no time. Wether it was school back then, or work now. But, i ended up just buying quick oats (takes one minute to cook in the microwave) and i eat it at work. Its already pre-packaged for one portion, so it really doesnt take long to prepare, or eat. I strongly suggest you force it. Have it all prepped and ready to go! Even if you dont have time, an apple can make a difference. Your body needs something within the hour of waking up simply because if you dont, your body automatically goes into starvation mode, storing every food you do ingest afterwards. So eating a salad for lunch isnt gonna be worth it because its not going to do what its supposed to do. You could be eating steamed veggies, and itll still store it as fat.

All you need to do is prep! Have your yogurt already measured and in small containers. Even put in your measured fruit and oats. Make hardboiled eggs and put them in ziploc bags so you can grab it and go. Have oranges/grapefruits already cut up in ziplocs. Deffinitely do the omelette muffins! Possibilities are endless for fast, quick grab and go meals.

I strongly suggest that you do your research of what happends with your body to make it function properly and even what happends if you dont treat it right.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    if you don't feel like eating breakfast, then don't force it. whatever works for you

Agreed. There's no reason to eat breakfast if you are not hungry until lunch time.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I myself never get hungry until I've been up a few hours. Then I just have a light snack until lunch time. Everyone's eating habits and times are different, and that's okay.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I was never a breakfast person either! I make myself an egg white whole wheat English muffin with a low fat cheese slice, fried in pam, then wrap it up in aluminium foil and take it to work. When I am ready to eat it, usually at around 9AM, I pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds (obviously without the foil). It's sooo good and you can eat it when you're hungry.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person - just my coffee, thank you very much.

But I do eat a small meal around 9am. Orowheat double fiber english muffin (120 cal) and 1 or 2 Laughing Cow light swiss cheese wedges (35 cal each). Quick and easy.
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't like breakfast either and eating it never helped me lose weight. In fact I probablly lost more not eating it (probably because it was quasi Intermittent Fasting, or IF). The reason many people are telling you to eat breakfast, is to avoid eating more later in the day because you are so hungry. However, if you're not over eating later in the day, you're fine. Eating in the morning will not "kick start" your metabolism. Check out all the threads on IF and you'll see that lots of people don't eat breakfast and do just fine - great even. Don't eat if you're not hungry, do eat if you are hungry.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggest you force it.Your body needs something within the hour of waking up simply because if you dont, your body automatically goes into starvation mode, storing every food you do ingest afterwards. So eating a salad for lunch isnt gonna be worth it because its not going to do what its supposed to do. You could be eating steamed veggies, and itll still store it as fat.

I strongly suggest that you do your research of what happends with your body to make it function properly and even what happends if you dont treat it right.

It might be best for you to do a bit of research on the subject. I'm not sure where you got your information from but your body is not going to store a salad, steamed veggies or anything else you eat at lunch as fat just because you didn't eat breakfast. You don't need to eat something within an hour of waking up... that will not cause your body to go into starvation mode automatically and store everything you eat as fat. Your body doesn't work that way. It takes upwards of 72 hours without eating a thing for anything like starvation mode to begin.

If what you say is true how do those people here doing intermittent fasting lose so much weight? Some don't eat until 3pm or later each day. Their results definately show that regardless of what time you eat doesn't matter.

To the OP, if you aren't hungry in the morning or just can't stomach eating than don't. You don't have to eat in the morning. You can eat your limit of calories at 10pm if you want to. You have to find out what works best for you.

I find if I don't eat breakfast I am not hungry until later in the day. Some days I eat something at 8am, some days it's 9am, some it's 11am... some days I don't have anything but coffee until later than that. I will not force myself to eat when I am not hungry.

If not eating breakfast makes you hungrier throughout the day, eat something in the morning that is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats. If you find it doesn't make a difference, eat when you are hungry. I don't see the need to force yourself to eat something if you aren't hungry as long as by the end of your day you have consumed enough calories.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Our goto QUICK healthy breakfast is Omelette Muffins. This makes a dozen that you can eat all week. My husband and I have made a few different flavors and have loved them all. We will eat 1-2 for breakfast. We eat them cold and warmed up. Sometimes we toast english muffins and make a sandwich. They are quick to make and you get some of your daily allowances of veggies. Enjoy!!!

In a bowl beat 8 eggs (any mix of yolks and whites if you have cholestrol issues). Chop up any combination of veggies (onions, peppers, tomatoes, brocolli), add a chopped up protein (turkey bacon, ham, black beans), some cheese ( I do 1/3 cup), spices (cayanne pepper, cumin, dill). This mix will be chunky but eggs will bake all around it. Add 1/4 cup into muffin tin ( I fill it almost to top). I have non stick pan so don't need to spray but you can use olive oil Pam if needed. Don't use paper muffin cups. Bake in oven 350 for 25-30 min. Cool 10 min then place in sealable container and keep in frig for up to a week.

Bump. Sounds yummy!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggest you force it.Your body needs something within the hour of waking up simply because if you dont, your body automatically goes into starvation mode, storing every food you do ingest afterwards. So eating a salad for lunch isnt gonna be worth it because its not going to do what its supposed to do. You could be eating steamed veggies, and itll still store it as fat.

It might be best for you to do a bit of research on the subject. I'm not sure where you got your information from but your body is not going to store a salad, steamed veggies or anything else you eat at lunch as fat just because you didn't eat breakfast. You don't need to eat something within an hour of waking up... that will not cause your body to go into starvation mode automatically and store everything you eat as fat. Your body doesn't work that way. It takes upwards of 72 hours without eating a thing for anything like starvation mode to begin.

If what you say is true how do those people here doing intermittent fasting lose so much weight? Some don't eat until 3pm or later each day. Their results definately show that regardless of what time you eat doesn't matter.

To the OP, if you aren't hungry in the morning or just can't stomach eating than don't. You don't have to eat in the morning. You can eat your limit of calories at 10pm if you want to. You have to find out what works best for you.

I find if I don't eat breakfast I am not hungry until later in the day. Some days I eat something at 8am, some days it's 9am, some it's 11am... some days I don't have anything but coffee until later than that. I will not force myself to eat when I am not hungry.

If not eating breakfast makes you hungrier throughout the day, eat something in the morning that is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats. If you find it doesn't make a difference, eat when you are hungry. I don't see the need to force yourself to eat something if you aren't hungry as long as by the end of your day you have consumed enough calories.

^ this!
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

^ this!

^agreed!

Here are some articles I have written about how eating breakfast to "stoke the metabolic fire" is nonsense and the health benefits of intermittent fasting (skipping breakfast)

http://yummygalley.tumblr.com/post/41859144184/myth-eat-frequently-to-stoke-the-metabolic-fire
    http://yummygalley.tumblr.com/post/42744214630/how-i-lost-15-3lbs-in-37-days-with-the-health-benefits