extreme constipation from narcotics

Options
13»

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Had the same with Morphine directly after surgery, then Tramadol pills to take home.
    Bike racing accident on Sunday - next Thursday before I 'went'.
  • rodeothedog
    rodeothedog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try Senna-S its over the counter. It helps soften your stool and help you go. As a nurse I always give warm prune juice, yucky but works. After my surgery she told me to have high fiber foods. I was freaked about going.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Miralax.

However, I think you should have that important conversation with your doctor.

Also, when you go to the bathroom are you going to explode or widen that area soo much that is going to affect the surgery area? Maybe you are overthinking it just a bit. Just a thought.
  • leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks again all for the comments. I spoke with my aunt who is a nurse. (I HATE my surgeon and want nothing to do with hum until I have my follow up....ive been in the hospital twice since the surgery and he said eveything that was happening was normal....all the hospital doctors didnt agree but they couldn't admit me because he said not to and he wasn't coming to the hospital to look at me)
    so my aunt said to try the miralax and stool softeners today (because i called at like 8 pm last night) and things should get going...and if things dont then she would be able to help me with an enema. She told me that it wont all break apart it will just make eveything easier to come out. i trust her. i jsut dont trust having to be here alone and go to the bathroom! I'm so scared im going to pass out from the pain lol. YA I sound crazy but thats my fear. (i am alone because my fiance is with the national guard and has been on orders to help with blizzard snow removal)
    Hoping today goes well!
    Thanks again everyone.