From 323-174 in 2 yrs

Options
It was 2 yrs ago today that I sent my husband to Walmart to find me some jeans because I didn't own anything that fit except for these huge tent like dresses I had ordered from a specialty mega plus sized catalog. I didn't go with him, because I was so ashamed of my weight that I only left the house for church (and only because I was the children's pastor at the time) and to take my son with cerebral palsy to his many dr and therapy appts.

He came home with size 26 jeans and a 3 or 4x sweater...the largest sizes that walmart carried. And neither fit. I could button the jeans if I laid down, but my stomach hung over them and they cut into me till I was bleeding. The sweater could stretch to button around me, but it looked horrible.

I got on the scale and saw 323 and felt hopeless.

I decided to try working out and bought 30DS. I couldn't even make it through the warm up jumping jacks before my vision went blurry and I was scared I might be having a stroke. Instead of letting that discourage me, I scaled back and did what I could, which was 10 minutes on the wii fit.

I was faithful to that 10 minutes a day and kept adding to it as I was capable of more. 13 months ago I got a treadmill and started running...at first even 1 minute of running was a challenge, but now I can do 13 miles if I push for it and 11 of that is running.

I'm now down to 174 (size 10/12) thanks to a low carb diet and exercise. My life is so dramatically changed...I went from never working out, to starting my own fitness group and being hired to teach a class at another group. I workout 3 hrs a day, 5-6 days a week and am no longer a prisoner in this body.

I used to look at my sweet disabled son (in my ticker) and be so angry with myself for wasting a body that worked when he had to fight for even the mobility to roll over. He and I have come a long ways in this 2 yrs...his physical therapists think now that he may even walk by the end of this year!

Anyways, I know everyone likes pics, so here are a few: :)

This is me at my heaviest, I think. The shirt was from Cato's (which I think are pretty vanity sized) and it was a size 30 I believe.

IMG_5278.jpg

me at 302, May 2011. The first time I would get in front of the camera and really face the truth

before302.jpg

This was me back in the fall 2012 in Woman's World magazine

womansworldmagazine.jpg

and me this morning showing off my "fat pants" at one of the workout groups

2yrs.jpg

and me today, not hiding behind giant pants. :)

2yrs174.jpg

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. You look beautiful, and much happier!!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow such an inspiration! great job!!!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is so amazing and inspirational! You look fantastic! Congratulations on making the change and sticking to it.
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiring story. Your perseverance and dedication has paid off not only for you but for all those whose lives you have touched. Amen and great job!!
  • PMDiva
    PMDiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a huge success. I would like to know if you had any issues with sagging skin especially the arms. I have bat wings and I see most people who weighed in the 300 like I did don't have them. I know a lot of it is hereditary for me because my mom have them, and my grandmothers had them.

Thanks.
  • appyspirit
    appyspirit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Thanks for sharing your inspirational story!
  • lalarox
    Options
    Congrats! Very inspirational.
  • sonyalear2012
    sonyalear2012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Omg you are truly an inspiration to us all...I just hope I can do it...
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That is such a huge accomplishment! I am amazed at your determination and perseverance. Very inspiring!
  • shannonsky
    shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great story! So happy for you ,,, and your son!
  • megallegos
    megallegos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Truly AMAZING!!! Congratulations! Hard work and determination really pays off! Such an inspiration.
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    WOW! Fantastic, you look amazing.
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wonderful..........for you and your family! You are my inspiration for the day!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you prove that time, patience, persistence, and HARD WORK pay off! thank you!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a huge success. I would like to know if you had any issues with sagging skin especially the arms. I have bat wings and I see most people who weighed in the 300 like I did don't have them. I know a lot of it is hereditary for me because my mom have them, and my grandmothers had them.

Thanks.

I wish I could be like some of the posts I've seen recently and tell you that it's not an issue, but after 7 babies (including twins) and so many years of obesity, the skin is a HUGE issue for me! It's awful...it flops around while I workout and I can hear it and I'm scared that means other people are hearing it as well...ugh.

BUT...all that skin, as mortifying as it is, is so much better than the fat was. ;) It's a blow to my vanity, but whatev...maybe someday I can have surgery.

Oh and the batwings...one of my twins (age 5) calls them fatwings. LOL The name stuck. ;)
  • mt2008
    mt2008 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What a great story, thanks so much for sharing!!
  • NChiz
    NChiz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So amazing! Congratulations on recognizing that you needed to take action. That's the biggest hurdle I found- fully accepting that something needed to be done and only I could do it.

Keep up the hard work. Your son is super blessed to have you fight for your health and his.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!