Becoming the best me! (down 80lbs)

Today I'm posting about my weight loss.

In December 2011, I started working a part-time job directly beside a local gym. At this point in my life I was severely overweight tipping the scale at 350lbs. I was in my last year of university and had likely put on 70lbs during my time in school. My weight really never played on my mind that much; however, as I sat day-after-day watching countless people go in and out of the gym I started to see myself in a different way. I became self-conscious and often uncomfortable with the way I looked. Even though the gym was only a few feet from me, I couldn't imagine going because the thought of working out in front of strangers, looking terrible and feeling pain was horrifying.

The winter months wore on and in April 2012, something happened. As I was preparing to finish my degree, I booked my first trip down south (to Cuba), with a group of friends I had been going to university with. This same month I decided I would finally join the gym and face my fear of working out.

I only had four weeks to work out before I left but I went faithfully. I lost 10 pounds in those weeks and said to myself when I get home I'm going to get serious... and I did.

I've been working out consistently and trying to keep my diet in check since May 2012. I've lost 80lbs to date and I'm looking forward to running my first half marathon on May 19, 2013. I'm confidently on track to becoming the best me!

8b48607e-eda2-4f24-965a-2133c2f32974_zpsc0ee7758.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!