Worst thing about being fat/best thing about being thin

Options
I need a little inspiration tonight. I think it will be cool to see all of the reasons to lose weight! Write the worst thing about being heavy and the best part about being thin/losing weight/getting healthy. :)

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    The worse thing for me was being uncomfortable in my own skin, not being able to sleep well, walk far, always hot, find clothes that I felt like I looked good in and fit both comfortably AND well.

The best thing is being healthy, having stamina, not even noticing that my body is there.... because it doesn't get in the way of the things I want to do anymore!
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    Worst thing about being fat....worrying about whether or not the amusement ride has a size/weight limit.

Best thing about being thin....I'm not there yet, but I sooooo look forward to the clothes!! "Ladies" clothes are so much more trendy.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    The worst part for me was I could never buy really cute clothes and they were always sooo expensive! I had handful of stores I could shop at. I hated not being able to keep up with my niece, she's 7. I wasn't comfortable. I didn't look in the mirror and like what I saw.

The best thing is the way I feel. I am more confident. I'm happy. I sleep better. I enjoy being outside and playing with my nieces and nephew. I'm not hot all the time. Not winded after coming up one flight of stairs. I love knowing that I can run and I look forward to running! It has become my new therapy. I use to eat to comfort myself and when I was stressed, now I run. And of course.I shop at more stores. I'm nowhere near my goal but being able to go anywhere and shop is awesome. I can find great deals now. Bought a pair of dress pants for $6 the other day. Can't beat that!
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    Worst thing about being fat....feeling like I'm setting a horrible example for my children. If I can't even be a healthy weight, how can I expect them to?

Best thing about being thin......feeling oh so sexy!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Worst thing about being fat for me is low self confidence/esteem.
    Best thing about being thin I am not there yet either but I know it will be the self confidence, being more physically fit and healthy!
  • kimmyonherway
    kimmyonherway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    worst thing about being fat was/is knowing my husband deserved better.
    Best thing about getting skinny - I deserve it! (and my husband too)
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Worst thing about being fat is taking so long to get ready for a dressed up occasion because you never feel good about what you are wearing.

Best thing about being skinnier is everything that you put on for those occasions is to big.
  • kimmyonherway
    kimmyonherway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Worst thing about being fat is taking so long to get ready for a dressed up occasion because you never feel good about what you are wearing.

Best thing about being skinnier is everything that you put on for those occasions is to big.

agree. very much so!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The worst thing for me is not being as healthy as I shoud be. But the way I am treated by other's as if i am a second class citizen..or how they don't see me and ask the next person "can I help you" ??

The best will be my health and the new clothes I always wanted to wear.. Oh and the hot, wild ,passionate sex with my husband!! Hey why not??? lol Hey i'm not dead!! lol
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I agree with quite a few of the things here, but the biggest one is not feeling like i am as attractive as my BF things I am. I want to like the way I look. I want to feel good about the way I look. I want to be able to shop in ANY store not just the ones specially for big women.

Cant tell you the best thing about being skinny yet but hopefully soon!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It has already been said, but the worst for me is the negative affect on my self-esteem. Best thing about being thin is feeling healthy and sexy.
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Worst - Fat - Acid Reflux was really bad for me when I was overweight. Best - Having someone that has not seen you in a while, walk right passed cause they did not recognize you at first - That is a great feeling...
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your note really hit home with me. I understand not being comfortable in your own skin. I worry about having a stroke or heart attack.
    Keep up the good work, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Worst-Having a hard time tieing your shoes
    Best- Forgetting about how hard it used to be to tie your own shoes!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Heavy: being uncomfortable all the time. Tight pants, always fidgeting to get comfy, can't breathe when walking.

Thin: knowing I look good not only on the outside, but on the INSIDE as well! I'm sure I was well on my way to Diabetes and heart disease..not anymore!
  • gailypooh1
    gailypooh1 Posts: 14
    Options
    worst thing about being fat: not being able to paint my own toe nails. (But the fat got in the way and I couldnt see my toes so it didnt matter)

Best thing about being skinny: comfortably fitting in a booth at a restaurant and not having to use the handicapped bathroom because the others are too small.
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options
    Worst thing: Not being able to click into an amusement park ride.
    Best thing (I'm not "thin" yet - but I'll say...) about being down 14 lbs: I finally fit into an XL t-shirt (haven't done that in 10 years) and a pair of pants that have not fit since the Fall of 2009!

It's good that you need the extra boost from everyone on here...it forces US to think as well!
    So - THANK YOU!!!
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options
    Heavy: being uncomfortable all the time. Tight pants, always fidgeting to get comfy, can't breathe when walking.

Thin: knowing I look good not only on the outside, but on the INSIDE as well! I'm sure I was well on my way to Diabetes and heart disease..not anymore!

Wow...you had an incredible journey from 191 to 135!!! Congrats!!!!!!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Worst: Clothes don't fit, people give that "look" when they see you, friends / spounses are making excuses for your weight trying to make you feel better, low self esteem, harder to work out, and my favorite "Mommy? When are you going to be skinny again?" sigh.....

Best: New wordrobe! Higher self esteem, over-all happier knowing you accomplished your goal, better workouts, feeling sexy again! THAT would really feel great.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump