Subway egg white muffin

Options
Subway's new breakfast - egg white / cheese muffin is fantastic! It's only 140 calories and you can add any vegetable topping you like. What a great idea! Two days a week I've been stopping there on the way to work for breakfast to go, and also get a low fat 6" sandwich loaded with veggies to take to work for lunch.

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • khillman77
    khillman77 Posts: 66
    Options
    yes I love those except I eat the yellow egg.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away from white breads and starches. Use Whole Wheat or Whole Grain. Much better for you and tastes better as well. No White Muffin, no matter how low the calories are white stuff is not as good for you as wheat stuff. :bigsmile:
  • maryroseclare
    Options
    I agree - subway's muffins are wheat.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip...I will be checking it out!:bigsmile:
  • rojanpa
    rojanpa Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know......I've wondered if they're any good, so now I do.....I'll give one a try.....always on the lookout for something new to try. :)
  • AkAmber
    AkAmber Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I have been wondering how they are but have been afraid to try them. (How dorky is that?!) ;)
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yes! My fiance and I have gotten those a few times, and they are surprisingly tasty. At first we were getting them on the flatbread, but you save a lot more calories by opting for the smaller muffin (and it's wheat too). I love that you can put on tasty veggies also. It is so great that there is "healthy" fast food breakfast option for when you are in a hurry!
  • BrandyHuff
    BrandyHuff Posts: 28
    Options
    I too was suprised at how tasty they were. I have gotten them a few times for breakfast during the past few weeks.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I agree - subway's muffins are wheat.

That is good. Did not know that. :bigsmile: Maybe I will have to give one a try. Have a great day.
  • CathyNS
    CathyNS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What's the sodium like for them? I stopped going to Subway for lunch after the first time I entered my sub in my food diary here and had ingested half of my sodium for the day YIKES!
  • drp121274
    drp121274 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love these. I get the western with egg white. Low calories, and soduim is about 620 - not that bad. On Friday, our Subway does BOGO, so I bring in one for my co-worker also... she gets it without cheese, but I allow myself the extra calories and get the cheese :)
  • dac60
    dac60 Posts: 22
    Options
    yummy ...hey sounds like you could be the next Jared......thanks for letting us know
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    ZekeandKyliesMom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    These are really good but from now on I am going in! I got one this morning and the girl put ONE piece of bell pepper on it andTWO pieces of onion. I was not very happy with that, but it saved me from a super sonic breakfast buritto so I guess I can’t complain to much. lol
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I really like the western one, it comes with green pepper & onion and is the perfect size to fill me up in the morning, along with some OJ. And you really can't beat $2.50 for a healthy muffin and juice, can you!??!
  • CAGOMEA
    CAGOMEA Posts: 27
    Options
    OH WOW!! I WAS WODERIN ABOUT THAT.. I THOUGHT IT WUD TASTE GROSS SINCE THEY ARE ALREADY COOKED WEN YU GET THERR.. AND I THOUGHT THEY WUD BE LOADED WITH FAT.. THANKS FOR THA HEADS UP!!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    They are very good. :) I was suprised and expecting to be hungry again pretty quickly. But when I got it, the english muffin is a good size and it all tastes so amazing and very filling. ^_^
  • futballuvr73
    futballuvr73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My fave is the egg white on the muffin with pepperjack, onion and green pepper then a tiny bit of honey mustard- YUMMMMMMM!
    We're going camping this weekend and I'm going to buy all of the ingredients from Subway so we can make them in the camper! At least we know we'll be eating healthy for ONE camping meal... ;-)