what do u guys think of diet powdered drinks?

Options
Like crystal light or nestea

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Body won't recognize the chemicals in them nor the "water" you flavored, so best to avoid it
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I always find they make my throat feel scratchy. No idea what's in the stuff to do that but I generally avoid them.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I avoid them. It's just chemicals. I would much rather add lemon or cucumber slices to my water.
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I can't drink plain water (i.e. I HATE water), I always add crystal light! It's the only way I can get water into my body- and yes, I've tried flavored fizzy waters, adding fruits to plain water, etc. but I still can't bring myself to do actually drink water.

I find it hard to believe that adding diet powdered mixes to water negates the hydration of the water?
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't because they are chemicals like everyone else has pointed out. I did however discover that drinking water from a straw helps A LOT. I can down 2 liters by 3pm each day no problem. :)
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Crystal light makes a crystal light PURE which uses Truvia(stevia) and has no artificial flavors or colors. No, it isn't pure water, but it isn't laden with pure chemicals either. I have one about once a week when I want something sweet and fruity. The grape one tastes like grape kool aid, so a total "back to being a kid" memory for me.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Crystal light makes a crystal light PURE which uses Truvia(stevia) and has no artificial flavors or colors. No, it isn't pure water, but it isn't laden with pure chemicals either. I have one about once a week when I want something sweet and fruity. The grape one tastes like grape kool aid, so a total "back to being a kid" memory for me.

PURE is chemical laden

“Sugar, citric acid, calcium lactate, contains less than 2% of natural flavor, rebiana (Truvia sweetener), potassium citrate, magnesium oxide, sodium citrate, salt, oleoresin tumeric”
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Drink water instead. fake sugars can trigger insulin responses and fat gain.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I drink it. I like it, though I prefer mine a bit more watered down (not so tart).
    But then, I also love instant iced tea with Sweet N Low ... gasp! An artificial sweetener!

Obviously, I'm not a health food nut, but I do know that Crystal Light does not negate the hydrating effects of the water. If it did, I'd be dead. :-)

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/whats-really-in-this-crystal-light.html
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    avoid them at all cost!,...aspartame, sucrose, all poison. Just my opinion,
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    If they help you drink water and you have no issues with the ingredients than drink them.

People here are going to tell you all sorts of things. Make your choices. . Sure they have sweeteners in them.. sure they are "chemicals" however so are a lot of things. If you break down the food label names to what they actually are, they are mainly all chemicals in a lot of things.
  • AprilBarkulis
    Options
    Avoid them all
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I drink them daily.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I prefer powdered water
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Drink water instead. fake sugars can trigger insulin responses and fat gain.

??? HUH ???

Fat gain is created by a caloric surplus....period.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mabbcyAwFz1rw923q.gif
    That's what I think about them.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yea, once you put the powder in, it cancels out all of the water. Don't count it towards your daily total. :huh:
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I prefer powdered water

:)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    1209091427_05524.gif
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options

PURE is chemical laden

“Sugar, citric acid, calcium lactate, contains less than 2% of natural flavor, rebiana (Truvia sweetener), potassium citrate, magnesium oxide, sodium citrate, salt, oleoresin tumeric”

Sounds like your describing any sports drink out there - and they are all supposed to be good for you, so why are you hating on them?

If it makes you drink more water then why complain about what is in it.