Exercising After Bronchitis

Options
Hey all!

I had been sick with bacterial bronchitis for 2 weeks and am finally feeling better. I am able to do household chores without feeling like I might die. ;) Haha! I am giving myself 2-3 (4 if my body says so) more days of rest before I attempt to work out. I don't want to over do it. I would appreciate any ideas for exercise that won't raise my breathing rate too high...

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Been there done that a lot. I usually just start walking and doing things that don't get my breathing up too high. Yoga stretches and Callesthenics too.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have been there too. I hope you feel better soon. I have started with walking, not to strenious. Also some stretching is a good idea. And lots of rest.
  • BlueDancer
    BlueDancer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't exercise outdoors for a while if you live somewhere cold. Cold air is harsh on the lungs to begin with when exercising...

feel better xx
  • KellBells3
    Options
    Been there done that a lot. I usually just start walking and doing things that don't get my breathing up too high. Yoga stretches and Callesthenics too.

Walking awesome, yoga awesome! Callesthenics.... I had to Google it! LOL! I guess I didn't know the name of those kind of exercises. Haha! Awesome, thanks!!! :) I can do all those!
  • KellBells3
    Options
    Definitely don't exercise outdoors for a while if you live somewhere cold. Cold air is harsh on the lungs to begin with when exercising...

feel better xx

Eh... Just the thought of cold air on the lungs makes them hurt. Thanks for the reminder. :)