Feeling really proud but...

Options
...No one in real life really cares!

One month into my new training plan the personal trainer I'm working with just retested my 1RM on chest press, lateral pulldown and shoulder press (I couldn't get my 1RM for leg press as I did the entire stack).

I was really worried that the trainer was going to be cross with me as I hadn't been in the gym as often as I should have been (although I was doing free weights and bodyweight exercises at home at the weekends) but my 1RMs had increased massively.

Chest press - 30kg to 65kg
Lateral pulldown - 30kg to 55kg
Shoulder press - 15kg to 52.5kg (no, that's not a typo)

AND I did 16 reps of 140kg on the leg press (up from 3 on the first test four weeks ago).

I'm sure no one cares, but for a girl who was always the fat one avoiding PE I'm feeling REALLY proud!

Replies

• mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :drinker:
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    all you really have in life is yourself anyway.........so own it! and be proud of yourself! (and yes, this is easier to say to someone else than to actually do yourself.....lol)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Just remember, its not really about other people (although validation does help) its about you and what you want to achieve.
  • ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up! :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Excellent
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I think I just needed a wee bounce about it. I really expected the retest to be a disappointment today, as I was ill last week.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    That's why it's important to measure and track stuff like this. When you see the results you get fired up to continue, if the gains trail off a bit you know it's time to mix it up a bit.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!