breakfast suggetions

Options
has anyone any suggestions for breakfast recipes please

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. There are alot of recipes on the internet.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I go to work early so I make my own baggies of "instant oatmeal" and take them to work. I fill 5 of the snack size ziplock baggies with the following:

1/2c quick oats
    a little bit of granulated splenda
    a LOT of cinnamon
    1 tbsp craisins or raisins

Shake it up. When I get to work I dump it into a coffee mug and put a cup of boiling water in it, stir it up, and let it sit for a couple minutes. About 2.5 hrs later I'll have either a protein bar or banana to make it til lunch.

On the weekends I usually make 2 eggs over easy on top of unbuttered toast with 3 slices of microwavable bacon (80 cals for 3 slices).
  • dharakrat
    Options
    Ezekiel English Muffins with Peanut Butter
    Protein Shake
    Oatmeal with Almond Milk, almonds and cranberries
    Eggs and english muffins or toast
  • Skiing914
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com (great low fat recipes for any occasion with nutritional information).
  • Kattamer81
    Options
    Toasted pita filled with half an avocado (smashed with lime juice, salt and pepper), and an over easy egg. Enjoy!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    has anyone any suggestions for breakfast recipes please

During the week, I'll have a piece of fruit, a few strips of Turkey bacon around 7:30. Then at 9 or so I have a Shakeology.
    On weekends, I'll make a veggie omlet or have a shake. Depends on time.

Today, I had 2 pieces of Turkey Bacon, a Dannon blueberry yogart and I'm going to have my Shakeology with strawberries in about 30 min.
  • cindylouk
    cindylouk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello.. This is one of my favorite breakfast, I do this at least twice a week.
    Sara Lee- 100% whole wheat thin style bun toasted, teaspoon peanut butter and a sliced banana on each bun.:smile:
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Toasted 100% whole wheat english muffins drizzled with 1.5 tsp. of EVOO
    1 whole with 2 egg whites cooked with 1 c. diced red bell pepper... 1.5 tsp. of EVOO topped with 1/4 c. of finely shredded taco cheese (or whatever kind you like).
    A piec of fruit.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel English Muffins with Peanut Butter
    Protein Shake
    Oatmeal with Almond Milk, almonds and cranberries
    Eggs and english muffins or toast

I love Ezekiel sliced bread but didn't know they had english muffins too. Where did you get yours?
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    throw a few raw diced veggies in a ramekin, crack an egg or two on top (you can whisk them up first if you prefer) and throw it in the oven for 15-18 minutes while you are getting ready in the morning. With or without cheese, it is super yummy. so many veggies are tasty with egg! I had broccoli and mushrooms this morning.
  • arnfolly
    arnfolly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    BREAKFAST BURRITOS. 1 scrambled egg, a low carb flour tortilla (or a whole grain tortilla) & a tiny sprinkle of cheese. Scramble egg, put cheese on tortilla, stuff with any veggies you want (we like mushrooms, green peppers) roll up and it is a GREAT protein AND, did you know eggs are actually high in vitamin A and D? Here in Michigan during the winter vitamin D especially is an issue. Most of us have to take supplements. This little easy to prepare dish is one that sticks with you for little calories!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for egg muffins. I changed a few ingredients...just have fun with it. They are great for storing in your freezer and pulling out the next day to reheat in the microwave!

Number of servings 6

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    Great Value - Extra Light Olive Oil, 0.5 Tbsp 60 0 7 0 0 0
    Mushrooms - Raw, 1 cup, pieces or slices 15 2 0 2 3 1
    Northeast - Baby Spinach Raw, 1 cups 10 1 0 2 35 1
    Hill Country Fare (Heb Brand) - Light Pork Sausage, 4 oz 240 0 16 26 780 0
    Heb - 2% Milk Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese, 1/2 cups 160 2 10 14 440 0
    Large Egg Grade A, 8 eggs 560 0 40 48 560 0
    Roma Tomato - Raw, 1 whole 25 7 1 1 5 1
    Spices - Pepper, red or cayenne, 0.5 tbsp 8 2 0 0 1 1
    Sam's Club - Milk - Fat-Free Skim 0.25 Cup 23 3 0 2 33 0
    Arm & Hammer - Pure Baking Soda, 1/8 tsp 0 0 0 0 150 0

Total: 1101 17 74 95 2007 4
    Per Serving: 184 3 12 16 335 1
  • Klkbankert
    Klkbankert Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Blueberry & Raspberry Baked Oatmeal

I serve it warm with a dallop of light cool whip. DELISH!

Ingredients:

1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
    Pinch of salt
    1/4 cup maple syrup (I used sugar free)
    1 cup milk
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    2-3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
    1 cup blueberries or raspberries, fresh or frozen, divided

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 375F.

2. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, half of the walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine. In a liquid measuring cup, combine the syrup, milk, egg, butter, and vanilla.

3. Spread the sliced bananas in a single layer over the bottom of the baking dish. Top with half of the berries. Sprinkle the dry oat mixture over the fruit in an even layer. Pour the liquid ingredients evenly over the oats.

4. Sprinkle the remaining nuts and berries over the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is browned and the oats have set. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    See also the other thread about breakfast ideas :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/888897-what-do-you-eat-for-breakfast?page=1
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I just had:
    2 finely grated carrots
    1 cup leftover rice
    ,5 cup almond milk
    .5 tbsp butter
    Cinnamon and stevia to taste

All mixed up and warmed in a bowl. Carrot rice pudding?
  • ashleydmassey
    ashleydmassey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For me, I've been on a scrambled egg white kick lately. There's so much you can do with them. Right now, I'm on a kick where I add jalapenos, red onions, and a couple of tablespoons of pepper jack cheese to mine. Sometimes I will add some Co-jack cheese and onions. For a while I was adding a tablespoon of real bacon pieces and some co-jack cheese. The possibilities are endless.

All of the above keeps me very satisfied and it's yummy.
  • dharakrat
    Options
    I find mine in the freezer section of my grocery store. Hope that helps. :smile:
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    This is what I do....take egg whites....microwave for 55 seconds, put it on a slice of toasted multi-grain bread with Kraft cheese, black pepper and ketchup. Wrap it up in aluminum foil and eat it on the way to work....literally takes 3 minutes to make.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Cheesy Egg white scramble; throw in 2 wedges of laughing cow light swiss cheese & 1 slice of turkey bacon or turkey sausage on the side.. YUMMY!
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Egg Sandwich (Thomas 100 cal english muffin, fried egg, 2 slices deli ham, 1/2 slice American cheese--about 240 calories)
    Egg white scramble (use as many egg whites as you want, add any veggies that you like--i usually use 4 egg whites. add spinach, onions, peppers, mushrooms, deli meat, left over grilled chicken, etc.)
    Protein Coffee Smoothie (1 c coffee, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or vanilla), 1 c ice, 1/2 banana (optional))
    Cheese Omlete
    Banana & Spoonful of Natural PB
    1 c cottage cheese & 1c mixed berries

I usually try to have my breakfast be high in protein because it seems to make me more alert/focused in the morning, and I'm fuller longer, but you can add carbs to any of these dishes if you want.