From 323-174 in 2 yrs

Options

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    WOW, WOW, WOW!!! You look fantastic!!! Congratulations!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me do the ugly cry! LOL

Thanks so much for all the kind words. <3
    Congratulations, you should be so proud, you look great!

When you say low carb diet, how low carb do you go?

In the beginning, I did the standard Atkins style very low carbs...can't remember numbers offhand, but I'm thinking 30 or less. As time went on I upped it to the point that I didn't really worry about them as long as they came from non starchy veg and fruit. There were days that I was at 75 and didn't worry about it.

Now that I workout 3+ hrs a day, with 2 hrs of that being intense bootcamp style workouts, I eat 3-4 servings of whole grains a day because I was too drained to perform well without them. My carbs are still always under 200 though.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Great news, too, that your son is doing so well! :drinker:
  • kelatki
    kelatki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. YOU ROCK! :smile:
  • beasilvac
    beasilvac Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    U r such an inspiration! And u look great! Congatulations and thanks for sharing
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    ROCKSTAR! Amazing story, thank you for sharing!
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! Such an inspiration!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    youre amazing! great work!
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've read all the posts and say ditto to all of them. Congrats!
    From what I've read, only surgery cures the fatwings. :-( It sounds kind of expensive, but definitely a good thing, as that too is extra weight you don't need to be carrying around. From what I've read, some insurances cover it and most do not unless it is medically necessary. I guess it's dependent on how good a salesperson your doctor is to the insurance company. I would also guess you need to be in maintenance and holding for a good while before your doctor or the insurance company will even consider it. Bottom line: Talk to your doctor about it. Hope this helps! Ciao, Marc
  • bglisson
    bglisson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing -- you look fit and happy. What a great accomplishment and I appreciate you sharing your story.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You, my dear, are AMAZING!
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    Great story! You look fabulous!
  • ejacree1010
    ejacree1010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss success, I know first hand how hard this journey was for you. It's a wonderful feeling overcoming a stronghold in your life. I never thought in a million years I could loss almost 200 pounds on my own without any surgery but I discovered that God will help those who are willing to help themselves. I am very happy for you!! To God be the Glory!!
  • strawberrylola
    strawberrylola Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    wow! you are amazing - you son is a very lucky boy, to have such a wonderful mum. you have inspired me - thank you
  • Calabrisellamia
    Calabrisellamia Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your amazing and beautiful!! All the best:)
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    what an inspiration, well done on all your hard work

martyxx
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    WOW.....amazing job!!! Very inspirational. Thank you for sharing! :drinker:
  • ealinn
    ealinn Posts: 38
    Options
    Incredibly inspiring! Shows that anyone can do it if they put their mind to it. BRAVO!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You look so much happier!! And you're beautiful!! Fabulous job :)
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You look a lot younger and very happy. I thought you were like 16!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!