WHATS YOUR FAV HEALTHY MEAL??

Options
124»

Replies

• allforthethrill
    allforthethrill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My current favourite is a baked potato (which contains 90% of the meals calories. LOL) topped with spinach, mushroom, capsicum, onion and garlic that had been cooked together in a pan, topped with extra light sour cream! Depending on the size of your potato, between 270 - 400 calories!
  • BLNKSN
    BLNKSN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    Bump
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers

8 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
    8 Slices Provolone Cheese (can use low-fat)
    2 Large Green Bell Peppers
    1 Medium Sweet Onion
    6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms
    1 Tbs. Minced Garlic
    Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds. Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with a splash of chicken broth, minced garlic and a little salt & pepper until onions and mushrooms are nice and caramelized (about 20 minutes or so). Preheat oven to 400*. Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook for 5-10 additional minutes. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing. Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown. Serve and Enjoy!

Each half, which is a pretty large serving, is about 350 calories (that's will full fat cheese).

That has to be the best recipe I've seen lately. Well except for the Quinoi Pizza Bites. I'm making this tonight.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't think I could pick one favorite meal. There are so many out there. Here are a few of my favorites.

Pork tenderloin roasted with root vegetables and/or winter squash (any combination of sweet potato, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, carrots, butternut squash, acorn squash)

Chili with beans

Blackened catfish with roasted brusself sprouts and cauliflower

Kidney beans and brown rice

shrimp stiry fry

red quinoa and white bean salad and baked orange roughy

Baked chicken breasts with green beans cooked in olive oil and garlic

grilled swordfish steaks and broccoli spears

Shredded chicken and bean burritos (or tacos)

Fish tacos

nachos

Hummus and veggie wrap

I could go on and on.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Right now I'm obsessed with homemade turkey wraps and roasted cauliflower. Om nom nom.

Love roasted cauliflower...yum... I also roast my brussel sprouts. Awesome indeed! :heart:
  • melissawaters
    melissawaters Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump