NEED PORK CHOP RECIPE

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
I want to make pork chops for dinner. I want to try something different.. Any ideas

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Its not really light, but this is what Im doing for dinner.

http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-cheesy-pork-chops-69450

Im also going to mesh it with this one:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Chops-Over-Rice-2/Detail.aspx
  • tralalalisamom
    tralalalisamom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just made chops last night!

In a large casserole dish sprayed with olive oil, I laid three chops in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkled with salt, pepper, & dried basil. Then I spooned over the chops about 1/2 can of French Onion Soup. Covered with foil, baked at 350 for about 30 mins. Check your chops for done-ness, though. Cook 5 mins more if under cooked, and check again.

If you want to make the below side, move your chops to a plate & cover with foil. Then pour drippings into a separate dish for spooning over your meal if you choose.

For my side, I cut up a head of cabbage, tossed with fat free Italian dressing, spread out the cabbage in the casserole dish in which I cooked the pork chops. Then roasted the cabbage under the broiler on low, stirring every 5 mins or so until crisp/tender.

Dinner is served! Can't wait for left overs!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a couple kinds of sauces that I put on pork. The basis of each is fruit jam. Start with a flavor you like. I use apricot or raspberry the most.

The ratio is about 2/3 jam to 1/3 chipotle tabasco. Another ingredient I use in place of the tabasco is Lawry's Baja Chipotle marinade.

It takes about 2 tbsp of the mixture to dress each slice of pork.

So my method, when cooking a whole pork loin, is to put a half of a jar of jam into a microwaveable bowl. Shake a whole glob of chipotle tabasco all over it, and maybe even some crushed red pepper flakes if I'm wanting it to be zesty. Stir it up and zap it till it's hot and bubbly. Spoon it over the slices of pork. Super yummy.
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious! Bought some chops today and will try this next
    time.
  • TimeForMe99
    Options
    Smothered pork chops

Season 4 bone in center chops and brown over med-high heat on both sides
    When browned top with 1sliced onion, rings separated
    Add 11/2 cup broth (I use 2 parts chicken and 1part beef) to the pan and bring to a boil
    Reduce heat and simmer covered 20min. Onions and pork will be tender.
    Remove chops and keep warm.
    Stir 1 tbsp of floor into 1/2 cup plain Greek yogirt. Temper the yogurt by stirring in a small spoonful of hot broth. Repeat unit the yogurt mixture is warm to the touch.
    Stir yogurt into the broth and cook over low heat for 3-5 min or until thick.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    These are a staple in my house.

Fresh ground Sea Salt & Black Pepper. Toss on the BBQ.
  • carebear3287
    Options
    Hi I was struggling to find pork chop recipes that were healthy but i found this one and i LOVE it :) pork chops with balsamic peppers

http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2011/07/pork-chops-with-balsamic-peppers.html
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy hot spicy food this is pretty good. Fry pork chops in alittle olive oil, toss in some hot peppers (sliced) the ones in a jar that have juices in it, then slice an onion and add also..The flavor is amazing.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing ever:

Pork chops + sauerkraut + a few chopped apples (optional). Bake, covered, at 350 for 2.5 hours, or put in crock pot on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours. The meat falls right off the bone, and it's very low cal.

Brown the chops first in oil, or don't.

Can add pepper, but no salt. Sauerkraut is pretty salty already.

Yum.
  • kmluecht
    kmluecht Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    BBQ Pork Skillet... just need 3 ingredient

4 pork chops
    1/4 bbq sauce
    1/4 cup Italian dressing

Nutrition Information

Calories: 180 calories
    Protein: 25 grams
    Fat: 7 grams
    Sodium: 430 milligrams
    Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
    Saturated Fat: 3 grams
    Carbohydrates: 3 grams

http://www.porkbeinspired.com/RecipeDetail/1768/Barbecue_Pork_Skillet.aspx
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I like a good dry rub on my pork. It's easy to do them lots of different ways with your favourite spices.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Have you tried panko? I like dipping the chop in egg white then panko crumbs with parm and baking. Alternatively, I like just grilling them and brushing them with a mustard-maple syrup mixture.
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Spray them with Grilling Pam and then add the seasonings of Garlic and Herbs (McCormick) and grill!!! Yum!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My 'go to' pork recipe is really easy. As a matter of fact we had it tonight.

Pork chops in casserole dish, sprinkle about 1/4 packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix, pour a few tablespoons of Fat Free French Dressing over them. Cover dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good ideas here! Bumping.
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    CAVENDERS!!! I swear by cavenders!! ....they are PERFECT for pork chops! you just sprinkle cavenders on before grilling, baking, or pan frying!
  • pippacont
    pippacont Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • grayisokay
    Options
    Bump
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Try marinade: Soy sauce diluted with water, sesame oil, garlic, and black pepper. I usually do 1/4 cup soy, almost 1/4 water, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Mix together and marinate pork chops all day the broil chops to desired doneness.