Dill Pickles?

Options
I love them but I heard it i's not good for weight loss and cause water retention..so I eliminated it from my diet..

How bad is it for general weight loss..?
What If I drink a lot of water? Would that help with the water retention..?

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Eat some pickles. They are delicious. Unless you're eating jars and jars a day, it will have no impact on fat loss.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You must love pickles as much as I do. Give me pickles over chocolate any day of the week. Like everything else, Moderation!! This coming from someone who would and could eat an entire jar of pickles in one sitting without thinking twice. But I limit myself to a couple every couple of days if I have them in my fridge, it's so much easier to resist when they aren't there.

They aren't bad for fat loss, the salt will cause a little water retention if you consume more than the daily amount of sodium.
  • nano83
    nano83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Eat some pickles. They are delicious. Unless you're eating jars and jars a day, it will have no impact on fat loss.

Good to know !
  • nano83
    Options
    You must love pickles as much as I do. Give me pickles over chocolate any day of the week. Like everything else, Moderation!! This coming from someone who would and could eat an entire jar of pickles in one sitting without thinking twice. But I limit myself to a couple every couple of days if I have them in my fridge, it's so much easier to resist when they aren't there.

They aren't bad for fat loss, the salt will cause a little water retention if you consume more than the daily amount of sodium.

hahahahahah yeah that is exactly me..
    Really go to know that .. will treat myself with some with lunch tomorrow!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Sure they are high in sodium but as long as you aren't eating a jar a day you are fine.

There is no need to cut something out of your diet for anything other than a medical issue.

They will not hurt your fat loss. Pickles, combined with other sodium filled foods and not enough water/potassium will cause you to gain water weight... which comes off quickly.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yes! Eat some!!! Just dont eat too many. All in moderation :)
  • hollirrose
    hollirrose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat some pickles!! The have 0 calories/0 fat/0 carbs. If you are worried about the sodium content… the sell a low sodium version.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I like pickles...but I love spanish olives.

Seriously, if you were to check my diary, I have them a couple times a week when I get the urge to graze.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Eat some pickles!! The have 0 calories/0 fat/0 carbs. If you are worried about the sodium content… the sell a low sodium version.

those sound icky! Give me 'real' pickles! hehe
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The vinegar can actually help boost fat burning, in moderation, and the pickles themselves are just cucumbers and salt. Unless you're really cutting your sodium for some special dietary reason, a few pickles now and again aren't going to do you any harm.
  • nano83
    Options
    Thanks everyone..

I'm loving this hahahahahaha Yayiii !
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    You could also make your own, just an idea. I pickle my own as well as pickled green beans, okra and most recently turnips. I use far less salt, can add my own spices (I like them spicy with a lot of garlic) and they're sooooo good!
  • SMCLosesIt
    SMCLosesIt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree about the vinegar being good for weight loss. Dr Oz recommends them for dieters for that reason - vinegar stabilises blood sugar and helps to stave off cravings :)

Enjoy some pickles!!
  • nano83
    Options
    You could also make your own, just an idea. I pickle my own as well as pickled green beans, okra and most recently turnips. I use far less salt, can add my own spices (I like them spicy with a lot of garlic) and they're sooooo good!

Oh yummmmi! That's a good idea..I don't like it too salty and I love it spicy..!
  • nano83
    Options
    I agree about the vinegar being good for weight loss. Dr Oz recommends them for dieters for that reason - vinegar stabilises blood sugar and helps to stave off cravings :)

Enjoy some pickles!!

That's amazing..! lol thanx