Food that promotes Joint Support and Flexibility ???

Options
Hi there,

It seems like I have an impingement shoulder or perhaps a joint problem since it hurts when i train.
I know I that I should take it easy and do some rehab however I was wondering if any can suggest some foods that promote joint support and flexibility..

Thanks!

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    I know that a liquid glucosamine supplement will help you for sure. I've cured several joint problems with this stuff. The liquid form is the best (more easily absorbed etc). We use a product called synflex and it contains other natural supplements in it as well as the glucosamine. Things like shark cartilage.
  • aarongoca
    aarongoca Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks in advance ! i guess I should be able to get a hold of that product in GNC otherwise I will order one online!

Appreciate it !
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too as I have joint problems...
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    My mother has rheumatoid arthrits that used to really debilitate her. About 15-20 years ago she read about taking cod liver oil pills and has been doing great ever since. She still has some days that are worse than others, but for the most part, you would never know she has something that could have totally crippled her by now. She swears by them, and after seeing the transformation, I can't disagree. Neither can her doctors, they tend to be be a little awed by how she turned around. Seriously, she couldn't even walk or bend her fingers.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    See if you can find a product call "Ultimate Glucosamine" - it is a glucosamine powder, but very different from the regular glucosamine on the market. It is closer to what the body turn the generic glucosamine into before it uses it.

"Ultimate Glucosamine® is a powder consisting of 100% pure N-acetyl-D-glucosamine. This unique formulation contains no additives, salts, preservatives, coloring agents, gluten, lactose or yeast. It dissolves readily in both hot and cold liquids. When dissolved in water it forms a clear, colorless solution. It has a pleasant, sweet taste and can be added to any hot or cold beverage. " see www.ultimateglucosamine.com.

It tastes like putting about a half a teaspoon of sugar in my tea. My hubby and I were taking the regular glucosamine supplements for quite some time with no real benefit. Then my Dr. recommended this and within days we felt a difference. At first I thought it was a placebo affect, but it has continued to be a huge benefit, we've used it for a couple of years now.

That and Omega 3-6-9, which has anti-inflammatory properties too, can seriously help with joint issues.