Workout Routine Advice

Options
I have been doing 30 day shred 6 days a week. To supplement that, every other day I add 30 minutes of cardio on my treadmill of jogging or high incline, and on the days I don't do that I do a strength training routine. I may also add some extra cardio into the strength/30 day shred days sometimes, but that's been mainly this last week when I did morning and night workouts and did alot more.

Anyways this next week I want to start HIIT training. I still want to do 30 day shred and I'll be moving up to level 3 on that. I also want to still incorporate strength training in a few days a week. I may do some moderate jogging in there too.

Does anyone have a workout routine that would make the most sense to combine those three things throughout a week? I don't know If I should do strength or 30 day shred on HIIT days or not...because I know it's intense.

Also, if you have a good strength training routine for women that would be great to get too. I haven't found one I really like and think is effective yet.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you can do both if you're up for it, but be aware that there will be drawbacks if you do (muscle fatigue, possible plateaus...etc) and make sure you do your strength training before any serious cardio (whether that be hiit, jogging... as you don't want to deplete your glycogen stores for the strength training before you've reached your technical failure points (it will lead to diminished gains).
  • mandywright
    Options
    What's the 30 day shred? I've heard of it before, but I'm not familiar with what it entails....