ugggghhh

Options
I hate how some people think that stay-at-home moms have ALL THE FREE TIME IN THE WORLD!

People are always asking me to run errands, water their plants, watch their kids, etc. and I know they wouldn't be doing this if I were part of the paid work force.
And my husband just called and asked me to look up a phone # for him...he must think I'm just sitting around waiting for him to ask me to do something...and the thing is, if I were working outside the home, I'd still have to come home and do it all anyway.

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I hate how some people think that stay-at-home moms have ALL THE FREE TIME IN THE WORLD!

People are always asking me to run errands, water their plants, watch their kids, etc. and I know they wouldn't be doing this if I were part of the paid work force.
    And my husband just called and asked me to look up a phone # for him...he must think I'm just sitting around waiting for him to ask me to do something...and the thing is, if I were working outside the home, I'd still have to come home and do it all anyway.

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!! My husband always calls home...he forgot a set of keys, he forgot his wallet, he needs a phone number! I am always doing things for people also...(not that I mind, because it's always nice to have someone return a favor). But I think people seriously think that we have nothing better to do...and it's ANNOYING!
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    I totally agree! I just came back to work 3 months ago and it is a breeze compared to staying home for 2 1/2 years. You think that you're going to have all this free time and get everything in the world done and it doesn't happen! I always tell my friends not to criticize working moms or stay-at-homes because we always think it's better on the other side. i've done both and neither is easy.
    I hope everyone has a great day!
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yea I work from home, and my fiance thinks that just cause i'm at home i'm available to do all sorts of stuff even though i'm stuck at desk for 8 hours
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    okay I've never been a stay at home mom....I work part time...and while my son is at school I work...so I never catch a break LOL....but I will say that when I'm home I work so much more than I do here...but in a different way....at least here at work I can have a cup of joe in peace! lol....at home if I'm on the phone and I'm listening to the caller....my family will start talking to me asking where things are if I can do this or that...I'm like...ahhhhhhh!

but then again some days at work I say oh if only I could stay home because I'm on the verge of going :explode: ...lol basically the grass is always greener...and I think anyone who is a mom...stay at home or works has a 24 hr no sick days job....and it ain't easy ladies....but it sure is worth it!:heart:

hugs!
    Ali