NSV/Horror Story

Options
That's right: a horror story.

I am almost 30lbs down from my starting weight. Having been larger for all of my marriage, my wedding rings are a size 8. Apparently, I lost more than I realized in my fingers as I spent about 3 hours of the day thinking my 1.5 marquis cut solitaire was lost forever.

I was buying my husband's valentines day present at best buy and after leaving, I glanced at my hand and found that the ring was missing. I, along with the available employees at the store, searched with no luck. Ultimately, I had to leave and file a police report so I could have a police flag with the local pawn shops (just in case someone found it and tried to sell it). I spent the morning back tracking my steps through the day with no luck. I lost the ring around 9 am and decided to go back to the store when my sister got off work at 12pm. We figured two sets of eyes were better than one. After being there for five minutes, she spots it on the floor by the ipad displays.

So I found my ring and apparently i've lost enough weight that apparently, it just falls off my fingers now. yay!

Oh, and I got a temporary sizer for the ring until I can take it in.

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well, that is a great NSV since it had a happy ending. Congratsvon your success and your ring recovery :flowerforyou:
  • shannonsky
    shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness you gave it another try! That must have been awful :( But yay for the weight loss!
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Haha what a horrible problem! I've done that once with my engagement ring lost in snow had about 20'people looking for it and luckily found it.
  • Schellsisbacktoattack
    Options
    Wow!! what a horrible feeling! I hate loosing stuff in general! I have lost a diamond and safire necklace my boyfriend gave me.....and never found it. It breaks my heart ever time I think about it. However.....I am so happy that you found your RING!!!!!!! Yay!!! And you lost so much weight, to have a lot to be proud of!!!
  • glp724
    glp724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow - I'm so glad you found it and YAY for loose rings!
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow, very lucky.. Happy you found it!

I had a similar thing happen with rings.. havent been able to go to the local accessories stores that are popping up all over Melbourne.. Rings have always been too small for my fingers... Have had many embarrassing moments trying to get them off once i try them!

Walked in the other day, 10 kilos into my journey.. and I was able to purchase four rings.. with ease!
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this has a happy ending!!!!
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    can i borrow your sister???
  • JennytheWicked
    JennytheWicked Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I was in tears all morning.

I spent so long looking for it and my sister finds it in 5 minutes. gah!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Phew !
  • JennytheWicked
    Options
    Wow, very lucky.. Happy you found it!

I had a similar thing happen with rings.. havent been able to go to the local accessories stores that are popping up all over Melbourne.. Rings have always been too small for my fingers... Have had many embarrassing moments trying to get them off once i try them!

Walked in the other day, 10 kilos into my journey.. and I was able to purchase four rings.. with ease!

That's fantastic!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    OMG! I hope that never happens to me. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad you were lucky enough to find it!
  • JennytheWicked
    Options
    Wow!! what a horrible feeling! I hate loosing stuff in general! I have lost a diamond and safire necklace my boyfriend gave me.....and never found it. It breaks my heart ever time I think about it. However.....I am so happy that you found your RING!!!!!!! Yay!!! And you lost so much weight, to have a lot to be proud of!!!

:( I'm sorry to hear that.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Crisis Averted! AMEN!

My DH bought me an anniversary band in a smaller size to hold mine on.
  • JennytheWicked
    Options
    OMG! I hope that never happens to me. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad you were lucky enough to find it!

I kept saying I needed to get it resized but the band is so thin, they'll need to add extra gold and I've been putting it off. Guess I'll have to now.
  • Mandino788
    Mandino788 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty awesome. Eyes of a hawk!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Phew...close call! Congrats on your loss!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same. 4/5 sizes too big. Apparently it weakens them keep resizing so I have to wait until goal weight to get it resized. My partner bought me a much cheaper ring to wear until I can resize it. Thought this was a better idea than risking it with ting sizers or what ever.

Zara x
  • coastie_wife07
    Options
    My husband has told me for 4 years now that he would get my engagment ring resized (way to big to wear) and he hasn't.

His reasoning: no reason for you to wear it anyway and take the chance of losing it.
    His mother and I are upset with that reason -_-
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss success and for finding your ring. I hope you gave your sister a very big hug.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!