Tea!

Options
So I've never been much of a fan of tea, but let's be honest, it has SO MANY benefits to your health. I'm really looking to become a tea drinker and work my way into making it a daily habit.

Any brand/type recommendations or tea favorites you'd like to share? :)

Replies

• courtneydeewalk
    Options
    I LOVE tea!! I have a mug of hot tea in the morning just black leaf regular tea (lipton tea bags). I have it with stevia! Then normally I have a second mug after the gym.... and I also have "sleepy time tea" at night... just soothing tea.

There are a ton to try, go to the store and a lot of brands have sample boxes that have 3 or 4 different. Raspberry is good too! Irish morning time tea is good too!

Enjoy!!
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea in the morning ... :drinker:
    If we have it, Ill drink a chamomille tea at night Enjoy!!!
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    My favorite brands are Stash and Tazo, both are available at any grocery store. I drink black, white and red teas mostly. Not in love with green tea. You can also grow your own herbs and steap fresh leaves-I like doing this with my mint in summer!
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am not a tea drinker either but the other day I bought my first box of tea and now I am hooked! I bought the Yogi brand Raspberry Passion Perfect Energy tea! Its so good if you add a sweetener (or two haha) I drink it cold with a Truvia in the morning and it is a nice sweet drink that has ZERO calories even with the Truvia and it really does give you energy! Go try it!
    Oooh that sounds so yummy! I will def. have to try that out. Truvia is my sweetener of choice also. :)
  • Femmekid
    Options
    My husband has mentioned that he also wants to drink tea so we shall have to play around with brands and flavors. :)
  • Femmekid
    Options
    My favorite brands are Stash and Tazo, both are available at any grocery store. I drink black, white and red teas mostly. Not in love with green tea. You can also grow your own herbs and steap fresh leaves-I like doing this with my mint in summer!
    I'm familiar with both of those brands. I've only ever had the Tazo Passion tea which was pretty good.
  • PamVee01
    PamVee01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually have a super large green tea in the morning and camomile tea at night. i love tea!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i drink a gal a day of green tea, it helps you lose weight. i like lipton pomagrante tea. you don't even have to use sugar. i like mine iced. i will sen a friend request your way. perhaps we can do this together!
  • Femmekid
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i drink a gal a day of green tea, it helps you lose weight. i like lipton pomagrante tea. you don't even have to use sugar. i like mine iced. i will sen a friend request your way. perhaps we can do this together!
    Pomegranate tea sounds delicious. I'm excited to try that out!
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That's great my recommendations are STAH TEA AND TEA REPUBLIC ARE MY CHOICE THEY have great flavors I think u should try SLEEPY TIME TEA u will sleep like a baby try it
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    When I work the night shift nothing happens until I've had my tea. Yorkshire tea is my current choice, it's nice and strong. The teabags are pretty generous, good for a 16oz mug.

It's good to stay hydrated. And there's something just so comforting about tea, it's energizing when I'm feeling sluggish, helps me feel better if I'm sick, calms me down if I'm upset, warms me up on a cold day... yay for tea! :)
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So I've never been much of a fan of tea, but let's be honest, it has SO MANY benefits to your health. I'm really looking to become a tea drinker and work my way into making it a daily habit.

Any brand/type recommendations or tea favorites you'd like to share? :)

I love good earth brand original. Very sweet and cinnamony. You don't need to add sweetener and it comes in caffeine free. My fav way to drink it is with sugar free coffee mate screamer. A whole 30 cals in a 24oz glass.

We also drink celestial seasoning brand.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Aaaarrrgh loves me tea! :wink:
  • kimleroy
    kimleroy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I try to drink green tea every day. Right now I've got Lipton Purple Acai and Blueberry flavor, which is yummy and full of antioxidants! Overall, green tea has been shown to promote fat loss when consumed regularly. I add just a little bit of sugar to mine so its still not very many calories at all.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I have really grown to love tea, and I think you will too, if you try some different types and make a habit of drinking the ones you like often. :) One brand I really like is Twining's - their green tea and jasmine is my favorite, but they have a wide selection of flavors for different types of tea. Republic of Tea is also great - they have a vanilla almond black tea i really like right now.

Some cheaper brands like Celestial Seasonings is good, as well.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like Celestial Seasonings Herbal Fruit Teas. There's quite a few flavors: Tangerine Orange, Blueberry, Lemon, Cranberry Apple, Raspberry, Cinnamon Apple Spice, Black Cherry...there are some others but those are the ones that I really like. I personally find them sweet enough that I don't need to add anything, and they make perfect iced teas in the summer :).
  • ktrites
    ktrites Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mighty Leaf tea is pretty good, but you will fall in love with loose leaf teas! If there is a tea place near your house CHECK IT OUT! It's fun to smell all the different types.

I too drink green tea for breakfast and after my mid day meal but it can be a fun drink too. I am drinking a red velvet cake tea right now...its like a calorie free dessert!
  • I agree with everyone ! I was never a big tea person, but absolutely love it now and include it with my breakfast on most days! I'm partial to bigelow " Pomegranate Green Tea at breakfast!!" Sometimes a nice mug of "sweet dreams" tea at night!

It also doesn't hurt that it has zero calories! And I too love to add two or three tsp of stevia/truvia !
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    loose leaf for me.. I love Key Lime Pie tea (its a black tea) Or coconut almond which is a red tea... Basically anything full of antioxidants, that taste like dessert and are cal free lol
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Love tea. One of my favorites is chai of course. However another favorite is any of them with Yerba Mate in them. They give me a great boost of energy I just do not get from coffee. I Like to pick up the Chocolate Yerba Mate made by Guayaki. It is a lighter version of hot cocoa.

My family drinks tea by the gallons in the evening as my hubby used to be addicted to soda. For that we buy the Lipton and they ice it and sweeten it as they like.