The more I eat....

Options
.. of this Fat Free Kraft Ranch dressing the more I want to puke. I certainly don't mind fat free items but this by far has to be the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. I tried it once on a salad and was like "YUCK!!" and today I decided to squirt a tablespoon on the side of my plate of cucumbers and oh my I feel like I'm going to be sick.

What is your favorite salad dressing? I'm willing to give anything a try after this.

Replies

• Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    At the moment it is Fat free Thousand Island and I don't normally like the regular version.
  • ashleyp35
    ashleyp35 Posts: 53
    Options
    LOL - I agree. Try Balsamic Vingerette - 50 Cal
  • Darkraven
    Darkraven Posts: 43
    Options
    rofl boy I'm with ya there! And whats worse is the only dressing I've really eaten is ranch. So I've been bad and just eating the mix at home kind with non fat milk and reg mayo then eaten it in moderation. I would love to find a new dressing that was better for me but still tastes amazing lol! Sorry I'm not much help =D
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own low fat sesame ginger. I eat it on everything, slaw, salad, even put in on sandwiches, kinda runny but it is so tasty.
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    I used to be a ranch fanatic!! I have swapped to Wishbone light Italian. The sodium is pretty high but if you watch it it will be okay. I also use the Light ranch sometimes too and it's way better than the fat free version and it's lower sodium than the Light italian. Hope this helps!! :flowerforyou:
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    don't like the Fat Free Ranch by Kraft either... Each bottle I get tastes a little different (almost like some bottles are spoiled) I have found that the Light Ranch made by Great Value is the closest to true Ranch Dressing... My husband didn't even know the difference when i first fed it to him.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Acutally if you look at the contents of FAT FREE dressing.. its worse for you than regular... They add high fruitose corn suryp in most... and the CARBS are outrageous... Try regular Italian or Light HIdden valley ranch they seem to have the best ingreadiants so far that I have found.> IF anyone has any other suggestions let me know.. ( I must stay away from carbs and sugars...) hope this helps :)
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My favorite....HOMEMADE!

Yogurt Dip
    Ingredients:

•2 ½ cup yogurt – plain (low fat is a good option)
    •1 pack vegetable soup mix (Knorr is good)
    •1 TBS parsley – chopped fine
    •1 tsp garlic (fresh is great – but sprinkle is OK)
    •1 tsp dill weed
    •1/8 tsp pepper (fresh ground is best)

Directions:
    1.Mix together all ingredients.
    2.Chill and serve.
  • snowangel1975
    Options
    instead of fat free.....why don't you try calorie wise. I use Calorie Wise Kraft Catlina Dressing, 15 cals= 1 tbsp.... Calorie wise Ranch. 35cals= 1 tbsp. I find they taste better.
  • Harper1984
    Harper1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My favorite....HOMEMADE!

Yogurt Dip
    Ingredients:

•2 ½ cup yogurt – plain (low fat is a good option)
    •1 pack vegetable soup mix (Knorr is good)
    •1 TBS parsley – chopped fine
    •1 tsp garlic (fresh is great – but sprinkle is OK)
    •1 tsp dill weed
    •1/8 tsp pepper (fresh ground is best)

Directions:
    1.Mix together all ingredients.
    2.Chill and serve.

I try to hardly ever use dip......but if I MUST...this is what I use.....except I only use 1/2 of the pack of Knorr vegetable soup mix
  • Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Options
    I like the light Hidden Valley Ranch, and I am glad to hear it isn't TOO bad :) I also love Newman's light honey mustard. I usually use that on salads, and the ranch for a dip. Both are delicious! And by the way, I have never cared for Kraft ranch at all, even the regular. It does just taste wrong...
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,619 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Bolthouse Farms yogurt-based dressings. They're wonderful! I haven't tried any of their vinaigrettes yet, but I plan to.
    http://bolthouse.com/our-products/dressings

I've tried blue cheese, ranch and honey mustard so far. Love 'em all.
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Although my husband and I both enjoy the Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette (50 cal for 2 Tblsp), I have to admit that I myself don't use any dressings anymore (NEVER thought I would ever be saying THAT! :O) I used to almost drink the stuff!!!) I make salads that include flavorful veggies that I enjoy, such as jicama, tomatoes, beets, etc, without dressings, so now we only purchase the salad dressings for my husband. I have been having an evening salad for a while, but now my husband looks forward to "our evening salads", too. We go through a lot of Romaine lettuce, Spinach, and fresh veggies in our house. LOL :laugh:

By the way, I personally toss out any diet foods that taste yucky or make me sick... even if I've spent a lot of time and energy making them myself. (And I'm actually known as one of the biggest "penny pinchers" around! LOL) There are so many great tastes out there, that I think "bad tasting" foods only serve to discourage one from meeting their dieting goals. Anyway, that was the case for me. I keep "mortification" to a minimum, because I want to do this eating healthy thing for long-term.... :happy:

Great post! I'll have to share some of the ideas on here with my husband; he's always looking to try a different lowcal dressing.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Kraft makes some really good olive oil dressings. In particular I like the rasberry and the fig balsamic ones.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I like the light Hidden Valley Ranch, and I am glad to hear it isn't TOO bad :) I also love Newman's light honey mustard. I usually use that on salads, and the ranch for a dip. Both are delicious! And by the way, I have never cared for Kraft ranch at all, even the regular. It does just taste wrong...
    I'm in love with Newman's Own Light Honey mustard. SOOO good.

Martizzini's (sp?) Light Ranch Vegetable dip is my favorite (found in the refrigerated section near the veggies). It's really thick, think sour cream, so I thin it with skim milk.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Bolthouse Farms yogurt-based dressings. They're wonderful! I haven't tried any of their vinaigrettes yet, but I plan to.

I second this. I LOVE the ranch. They can be a bit difficult to find though. I can only get them at Whole Foods
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    mix mustard, honey, and some reduced fat sour cream or plain nonfat yogurt together for honey mustard :happy:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

I second this. I LOVE the ranch. They can be a bit difficult to find though. I can only get them at Whole Foods

Agreed... Bolthouse is awesome, but hard to find.

Walden Farms is good too, it's in the produce section next to the bagged lettuce assortments.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am a RANCH freak! The only thing I'll use now is Hidden Valley Light Ranch! I can't tell the difference now!
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    cains fatfree raspberry vinergrette or newmans own olive oil n vinger dressing =)