ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS!!! GREATEST THREAD EVER!!

Options

Replies

• steelreader
    Options
    Can I ask you please :
    Iv been at this just over a month, I stick to my 1200 cals making sure to check every thing before I eat it and I work out at least 3 times a week I lost a good 6lbs in first week as i expected, then week after 1, and for last 3 weeks 2lb a week then this week 0 Iv changed nothing why does this happen its so knocked my will power. One thing I dont do is go over my 1200 even after the work out cals are added so some days Im left with loads could this be the problem im 5 2 age 41 and have 76 lbs left to loose thanks x
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Will Beer affect my weight loss? What if it's entirely within my permitted calorie intake?? I don't eat butter or sweets but in 3 weeks I've had only 1kg weight loss (no exercise implemented YET).... is the beer to blame?!?!

Within your calorie allowance? No, not really. You will still lose weight. It will, however, hinder your results in my opinion.

You'll be told time and time again that losing weight is simple as calories in v calories out. It's true to an extent but there are other things going on inside your body than increase or decrease the rate at which you will lose. alcohol can disrupt these cycles and sabotage your weight loss SLIGHTLY!!!

probably not enough to stop you losing though.

I will put my head down and await the sea of people coming at me saying "YEAH BUT I COULD'NT LOSE WEIGHT UNTIL I KICKED BEER" and to them, I will say this. Moderation.
  • weightloser122
    Options
    if diet is so important what kind of diet do you recommend for toning up and losing fat?
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump for later:)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Big like flabby or big like weak abdominal wall?

I'm thinking you mean flabby. Stubborn fat around the stomach is the most common thing ever. Eating right and WEIGHTS will tighten that whole core area in no time!! you don't want the gym though, right? No problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdzasJklxw

44 bodyweight exercises that will have you in tears when you're finished doing just 3 of them.

If you do decide to purchase more equipment, get a bench and do squats or better yet the 5x5 program will turn your stomach into a washboard before you know it!!!

Thank you. I'll check it out :smile:
  • tricksee
    Options
    Can I ask you please :
    Iv been at this just over a month, I stick to my 1200 cals making sure to check every thing before I eat it and I work out at least 3 times a week I lost a good 6lbs in first week as i expected, then week after 1, and for last 3 weeks 2lb a week then this week 0 Iv changed nothing why does this happen its so knocked my will power. One thing I dont do is go over my 1200 even after the work out cals are added so some days Im left with loads could this be the problem im 5 2 age 41 and have 76 lbs left to loose thanks x

So...

Week 1 = 6lbs loss
    Week 2, 3 and 4 2lb loss. equals another 6 total.
    This week = 0 loss.

that's 12lbs lost total in 5 weeks, am i right?

You are doing perfectly!!!!!!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and throw the scale into the nearest river to your home. Then watch it sink to the very bottom to rot. The scale lies every single time you step on it. It weighs everything from your brain to your poop and is not an accurate representation of your fat loss.

Stick to what you're doing and use a photo-log instead. the results you'll see are far more motivating than a scale will ever be.

If the scale doesn't belong to you and you don't fancy throwing it away, then weigh in ONCE A MONTH. once a week is useless.

Oh, and I don't need to say this but please... drink more water!!!!
  • annas3911
    Options
    I was loosing steadily for 5 weeks - 10lbs. Then I hit a plateau for over a month! I have just lost 1lb again last week. I eat 1200 cals a day - I work out a lot and burn around 600-800 a day - I try and eat back some of these calories so I net around 1000 a day. Why does the body plateau - any advise?
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Are you kidding me? :noway: :noway: :noway: Just seen it :noway: :noway:
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of others worth adding, namely

The Fat Myth

Muscle does not weigh more than FAT, it occupies less space and is more dense, 1lb of FAT weighs the same as 1lb of muscle.

If the scales don’t move or go up and some one tells you its because muscle weighs more than fat and the three times a week you go to the Gym for half an hour is because of the muscle you have put on b!tch slap em. You would have to train like an Olympic athlete 7 days a week to put any significant muscle on and as for the ladies its even bloody worse. You are not designed to bulk up with muscle.
    love this one:smile:
  • tricksee
    Options
    if diet is so important what kind of diet do you recommend for toning up and losing fat?

Lean meats, vegetables, fish, fresh fruit and portion controlled pasta and rice. Drink water.

Don't be fooled by LOW FAT, DIET, LIGHT or ZERO products. They have sugar and fat replacements that can confuse our bodies and sometimes even be worse than the real things.

Don't go overboard with CARBS!! AND ACTUALLY EAT FAT!!!! YES EAT IT!!!

You know farmers need to sell as many fat animals as quick as possible, right? You know how they do that?

Shoving them in a field and feeding them CARBS!! not fats!!!

your Body has a limited capacity to store carbs and due to an UNLIMITED CAPACITY to store fat will then be turned into fat and stored as such.
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Thank you!
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Lol OP..like your positive attitude.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Any tips on finding the right number of calories for a person to maintain their new weight on?
  • Runner5Insanity
    Options

Are you kidding me? :noway: :noway: :noway: Just seen it :noway: :noway:

I just watched too, I'm in awe lol, just saved the link to show my brother-in-law when he gets back from Afghan next month (hes very competitive physically and cant stand to even hear of someone doing something he cant, this will drive him mad)
  • A01fe
    A01fe Posts: 15
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tricksee
    Options
    Any tips on finding the right number of calories for a person to maintain their new weight on?

Yup! experiment on a 3 weekly basis. No LESS!!! by adding or subtracting 50% of the original increase. Sorry I can't just give you a number, wish I could, but your body and everyone elses has different needs.

so - If you've lost weight and reached your goal yet 3 weeks later, you've lost more. add say +300 calories for the next 3 weeks. If after that you go over -50% (150 calories)

choose the numbers to your preference and stick to for 3 weeks.

Most importantly, if you were HUGE, don't fall into bad habits like fast food and chocolate. they got you into the 'needing to lose weight' position to begin with. Keep up the activity and remember that living / eating healthy is most important, you're goal weight WILL NOT be sustainable forever as you age.

just advice.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Okay so where is this bikini forum? I want to go there to see what I will look like when I figure out what you are saying....:huh: lol
  • Runner5Insanity
    Options
    QUESTION; After viewing your 44 body weight exercises for suicide video I wondered if you knew of any good sources for warm ups?

My daughters both attend an athletics club and I stupidly agreed to write out descriptions of the most common warm ups and a note of what they help with etc unfortunately, I'm not that knowledgeable in this area and its proving to be harder to find online than I expected. Just need the basics the most runners use such as high knees, heel flicks, cross overs, side steps etc
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    does it always have to be calories per day to loose weight or can I (pretty please) eat under my calories for 5 days and then over for 2 days but all the while maintaining my weekly calorie goal?