Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Steak and potatoe smoothie.
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    As interesting as steak and potato might be in a smoothy...it might bung up your machine :) My regular juice involves the following *or some variation...basics are the same:
    2 cups spinach or kale
    1/2 lemon (skin removed, but leave some pith)
    1 apple
    2 inches cucumber w/ skin
    1 large carrot
  • bosoxjenn
    bosoxjenn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been throwing in 3-4 carrots, a handful of spinach, 2 stalks of celery, 2 roma tomatoes and 1/2-1 orange. I also add a little fiber powder to make up for the fiber you're losing from juicing. I rarely eat breakfast, so I've been "adding" this to my first thing in the morning routine. I have psoriasis and in 4 days of 1 14 oz glass of juice a day, my elbows are clearing up!!!!! I'm not a believer in juicing-meal replacement (to each their own, though), but I'm loving just the one glass a day! HINT: my juicer will not juice kale :-( There are different types of juicers and from what I can tell the higher end 2-speed (something like that) are better at juicing the leafy veggies.

Good luck...!
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i've done:

cuke, kale, parsley, lemon, celery and apples - with and with out ginger. it is a variation from the "hungry for Change" book. if you google "Hungry for change juicing" you will probably find the exact recipes.

to make your own recipe, you need to pick
    a few watery components: cukes, apples, celery, tomatoes
    a few very nutrent dense components: kale, spinach (or other greens), beets, parsley or other herbs, ginger (be careful not to use too much - you'll ruin your juice)
    And something sweet to make it more paletible: apple, lemon, carrots

it does make me feel good when I do it, I just havent' taken the time lately

good luck, there are also great videos on youtube with recipes and helpful suggestions.