ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS!!! GREATEST THREAD EVER!!

Options

Replies

• dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Dude, who are you?

this exactly. excellent question.
    And as you're so confident in your omniscience OP, they're looking for a new pope, maybe you could apply?
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    agreed best thread ever lol
  • aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dude, who are you?

this exactly. excellent question.
    And as you're so confident in your omniscience they're looking for a new pope, maybe you could apply?

:laugh: this gave me a good laugh...but the post def bump
  • ariswilson
    ariswilson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well done - excellent thread.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I was loosing steadily for 5 weeks - 10lbs. Then I hit a plateau for over a month! I have just lost 1lb again last week. I eat 1200 cals a day - I work out a lot and burn around 600-800 a day - I try and eat back some of these calories so I net around 1000 a day. Why does the body plateau - any advise?

Mix up your workouts to keep your body guessing. Every 6 weeks change your gym activity to something else. Try HIIT - that'll probably get your burning like no tomorrow!!

If you ask me, plateaus are one thing and one thing only. Breaking though!! I got hit twice - once on 175lbs and again on 168lbs. I'm currently stuck again at 161/162lbs and by sticking to my plan and doing the right thing, I'll get get past it. Just like you will.

Please don't get too fired up or upset about it. It's happens to everyone and will
  • FIRESHOT
    FIRESHOT Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Big like flabby or big like weak abdominal wall?

I'm thinking you mean flabby. Stubborn fat around the stomach is the most common thing ever. Eating right and WEIGHTS will tighten that whole core area in no time!! you don't want the gym though, right? No problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdzasJklxw

44 bodyweight exercises that will have you in tears when you're finished doing just 3 of them.

If you do decide to purchase more equipment, get a bench and do squats or better yet the 5x5 program will turn your stomach into a washboard before you know it!!!

Thank you. I'll check it out :smile:

What about advice for a weak abdominal wall ? ( multiple csections )
    I definitely see and feel a difference after ab exercises, just wondering if there are any specific ones your recommend.

Thanks !
  • tricksee
    Options
    QUESTION; After viewing your 44 body weight exercises for suicide video I wondered if you knew of any good sources for warm ups?

My daughters both attend an athletics club and I stupidly agreed to write out descriptions of the most common warm ups and a note of what they help with etc unfortunately, I'm not that knowledgeable in this area and its proving to be harder to find online than I expected. Just need the basics the most runners use such as high knees, heel flicks, cross overs, side steps etc

STRETCHING!!!!! hold for 10 seconds, 3 reps per stretch!!! Arms, back and legs!!

Stretches.jpg
  • janet0101
    janet0101 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thump!
  • tricksee
    Options
    does it always have to be calories per day to loose weight or can I (pretty please) eat under my calories for 5 days and then over for 2 days but all the while maintaining my weekly calorie goal?

I practice the Daily approach to under eating my calories but the 5:2 diet which incorporates 2 days of fasting plus 5 days of normal eating, proves that yes, averaging it per week does have benefits and will work. Whether it's a slower or quicker method to aid your weight loss can only be proven by trial and error!
  • mixedlollies
    mixedlollies Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    In your opinion how important is it to maintain a balance of mainly carbs/protein during the day and fats/protein at night? If I have a carb-based evening meal will that significantly impact my weightloss?
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Could you please help me set my macro's. I've recently hit my goal weight and I'm now trying to maintain (I'm 5 foot 3 and 117 lbs).

What percentage of fat/protein/carbs should I be eating? Please take into account that I'm currently training for a half marathon so I'm doing a lot of running. Will this make a difference - will I need to keep my carbs up?

Thanks!
  • tricksee
    Options
    In your opinion how important is it to maintain a balance of mainly carbs/protein during the day and fats/protein at night? If I have a carb-based evening meal will that significantly impact my weightloss?

When it's eaten is not important at all in my opinion. Just hit your carbs/protein/fat goals in the any given 24 period and you'll be fine!
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • mixedlollies
    mixedlollies Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks!
  • dionne_williams
    Options
    bump
  • Runner5Insanity
    Options
    QUESTION; After viewing your 44 body weight exercises for suicide video I wondered if you knew of any good sources for warm ups?

My daughters both attend an athletics club and I stupidly agreed to write out descriptions of the most common warm ups and a note of what they help with etc unfortunately, I'm not that knowledgeable in this area and its proving to be harder to find online than I expected. Just need the basics the most runners use such as high knees, heel flicks, cross overs, side steps etc

STRETCHING!!!!! hold for 10 seconds, 3 reps per stretch!!! Arms, back and legs!!

Stretches.jpg

Should have mentioned I could write a book on stretching (it was because I done stretch info sheets I got landed with this) its purely the drills along the track I'm stuck with.

Great answer though as I didn't mention this and stretching is almost always overlooked, thanks.
  • tricksee
    Options

advice on weak abdominal wall?

tumblr_mdc6hbRk0T1rjsq7zo1_500.jpg

I did this and saw great results. As you progress increase the length of time and number of reps as you feel comfortable to keep your body guessing
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You’re weight will fluctuate every single day. I’ve woken up some morning 4lbs lighter than the day before.
    A week of you working your balls off and eating right will probably look like this on a scale...

I was enjoying this thread until, unfortunately I came across this improper use of "you're". That's when you lost all credibilty with me. It sounded so well thought out up to that point.