Trying to make it through V-day with minimal chocolate

Options
So, I'm a chocoholic. And I don't mean like I like chocolate. I mean like seriously. If I were a bird, this would be me: http://pinterest.com/pin/269230883945391484/

Anyway. I'm not big on Valentine's Day (even though I am married and this is my 1st V-day as a married woman), and never have been. I just don't like the idea about it. However, I always enjoyed the chocolates. This year, I am challenging myself to not buy any chocolates.

I made low-fat brownies last night and will be individually wrapping them (so I don't tempt myself to take a gigantic brownie and try to rationalize it as "one" brownie.) haha. I should be okay today, but what are some tips for avoiding the 50, 60, 70% off chocolates for any others with sweet tooths??

Replies

• deepuckett1
    deepuckett1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Plan for it, enjoy it and move on to tomorrow - you got this!
  • mrsdevoe
    Options
    i made a chocolate smoothie for breakfast, but i also have referred to today as "national calories-don't-count" day! enjoy it!
  • bethgrayster
    bethgrayster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I went to the grocery store yesterday to make sure I wouldn't have to go today or tomorrow and be tempted by the sale candy. I even went as far as working from home today so I won't have to be around all the goodies I know everyone is bringing in the office today. I have a really hard time saying no to chocolate and once I start, It goes downhill really quickly.
    As for avoiding it when it is right there, make sure you aren't hungry when you go to the store, avoid "eye contact" with the carts full of 50% off candy (I seriously go down aisles and around them as to not being in grabbing distance), and drink water as if it was the best chocolate milkshake ever!
    Good Luck!
  • bethgrayster
    Options
    i made a chocolate smoothie for breakfast, but i also have referred to today as "national calories-don't-count" day! enjoy it!

But I thought that was Thanksgiving!?! or was it Christmas? Can we make all holidays "Calories-don't-count" days and the calories actually not count!? **Holiday Magic** haha
  • PamelaRae88
    Options
    I didn't count Christmas or my honeymoon and gained 3lbs. I got that off and am trying to keep it off. haha. I have a feeling my hubby will be getting me Reese's hearts (my one true love is Reeses) but I have to eat in moderation right? I can make it the gift that lasts a month..... (maybe)

@Beth-- That's exactly what I did yesterday. There is a huge display of it at our grocery store, and I just avoided it like the plague..... But I realized this morning that I need milk. So maybe I will just go to the mini mart instead of the grocery store. They probably don't have as big of a selection. (But I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that avoids this... and am really glad that there is just ONE huge display, rather than a bunch of small displays all around the store)

Haha water will never be chocolate. haha. but I will try!!!!! :-)
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was afraid co-workers would come in with chocolates today, but one lady brought fat-free carrot cupcakes which made me feel so much better (at least mentally) so now I can go the rest of the day without chocolate knowing that I already had my sweet treat of the day.
  • PamelaRae88
    Options
    I was afraid co-workers would come in with chocolates today, but one lady brought fat-free carrot cupcakes which made me feel so much better (at least mentally) so now I can go the rest of the day without chocolate knowing that I already had my sweet treat of the day.

That is awesome! It's nice that people realize that no everyone wants chocolate or sweets :-)
  • bethgrayster
    Options
    I told my boyfriend if he brings home chocolate today he is sleeping on the sofa. :laugh:
    And Pamela, you are right, water will never be chocolate. I just know I make better choices when I'm not hungry or thirsty!
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I stumbled into the bathroom to a huge box of chocolates and flowers. Love that he thought of me, just wish it would have been a smaller box...still grateful and will count my blessings then I'll make him eat most of the box:)
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    lol, chocolate didn't even occur to me for today - I guess I don't like it that much :)
  • PamelaRae88
    Options
    lol, chocolate didn't even occur to me for today - I guess I don't like it that much :)

Lucky. Today and Halloween are like torture for me. haha @denise- spread it out over a few days :-) haha
  • claytonmac
    Options
    I made these instead. Totally took care of the chocolate craving.

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/fudgy-brownies-bites/

You may have to join her site & donate a $1 to view it, but she has SOOOOOOO many healthy recipes it's totally worth it. :wink::happy:
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am that evil co worker who brings in crap for everyone. :)

I love to bake but I am not big in to eating sweets.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    555930_10151316463187712_1535803494_n.png
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ahhh minimize the chocolate?!? THIS IS MADNESS I TELL YOU MADNESS!!! :sad: I'm going to do my best today as well, though I have "saved" some calories from the past couple days on the off chance that self-control deletes itself from my vocabulary :laugh:
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I walked right past a dozen heart shaped Krispy Kreme donuts at my house this morning, gave my son and daughter two each for breakfast, and I didn't have a one! And I LOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE donuts! :) If I can do it, so can you! :)
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am a horrible co-worker...somehow in my twisted mind I feel better by fattening up everyone around me so I brought each of my co-workers a valentines bag FULL of chocolate!! Heh Heh Heh....

Seeing everyone eat it satisfies my craving while I sip my protein shake...:wink:
  • PamelaRae88
    Options
    Ahhh minimize the chocolate?!? THIS IS MADNESS I TELL YOU MADNESS!!! :sad:

Exactly how I feel.
  • PamelaRae88
    Options
    You can do it! I walked right past a dozen heart shaped Krispy Kreme donuts at my house this morning, gave my son and daughter two each for breakfast, and I didn't have a one! And I LOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE donuts! :) If I can do it, so can you! :)

This might be my splurge this year. Dunkin has a brownie batter donut that I'm dying to try....... (bah)
  • PamelaRae88
    Options
    I am a horrible co-worker...somehow in my twisted mind I feel better by fattening up everyone around me so I brought each of my co-workers a valentines bag FULL of chocolate!! Heh Heh Heh....

Seeing everyone eat it satisfies my craving while I sip my protein shake...:wink:

I am so glad I don't work with you. :tongue: you're evil!