What are YOU eating tonight?

Options
As I am single and fabulous on Valentines day I am going to get home from work, go to the gym, work my *kitten* off then come home and make myself something lovely for dinner!

I need some ideas from people of what to eat, so please share what you'll be eating :)

Happy Valentines Day <3

Replies

• smishich
    Options
    Chicken Picatta from Cooking Light magazine, yumm!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat penne pasta with fresh raw zucchini and yellow crookneck squash and cannellini beans, tossed with fresh shredded basil, lemon juice and a dash of olive oil, topped with a tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese. Nom nom!
  • Dzambhala
    Dzambhala Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Lean turkey breast with boiled new potatoes and steamed veg.
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Steak!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'll be having a rib eye steak, swiss red chard, and some delish red wine! And, most likely there will be chocolate involved :happy: Happy Day to you!!
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I’m not going to be ba humbug about the day. I’m actually looking forward to it. Sure it’s a commercialized day, sure my ex is spending time with someone else but it gives me an excuse to treat myself. I’m going to work, gym, home and shower then to my favorite watering hole. I’m going to enjoy a fat steak and some cold beer or red wine. I haven’t made my decision on the beer or wine, hell I may have both. :drinker: Consume 1500 calories; tell myself I’m glad I went to the gym today. Go home and sleep like a baby.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I have a date with 2 fabulous ladies that I rarely get to see, we have decided today is our night as one is about a week away from having her first baby and her husband said "We do nothing for Valentines day anyways and once the baby gets here you aren't going to be able to go out as much so go have fun". I plan on having Nachos and cheese for supper.
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My partner and I are both too busy to go out so he's picking up some sushi from our favourite japanese place. My favourite!
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Baked Apricot chicken:

Combine 1/2c. sugar free apricot preserves, 1/2c. fat free French-style dressing, 1/2 envelope dry onion soup mix. Pour over 4 chicken breasts. Bake at 350F until done (about 30-40min).

I was extremely skeptical the first time I saw this recipe because these ingredients do NOT sound like they would be good together at all, but it actually turned out to be delicious, so I'm making it again.

Serving with a side of green beans and corn.
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i would just like to say that one valentine's day i went to the gym and actually met a cutie there. it didn't last long but it was something to do.

anyways, i'm going to cook a nice salmon dinner for the fam.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    salmon dipped in sesame seeds, or poppy seeds, broccoli, asparagus, sounds good to me:smile:
  • psfr
    psfr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me too! Play outside, yoga, then a fabulous dinner - an all around nourishing day :)
    I'm planning on a baked sweet potato topped with black beans and yogurt (and some sunflower seeds if I can find any) with sauteed garlicky kale and broccoli. And if the urge strikes, a Samoa on the side, since it is that season.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Cat
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    chicken divan and white russians.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Pan Seared Filet Mignon in Red Wine Sauce, and Steamed Veggies
  • xMegz04x
    Options
    My boyfriend lives away so I only get to see him at weekends - so we are having our valentines day then!

As for tonight... I am making vegetarian chilli with brown rice and salad.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i have chicken parmesan in the crockpot but if i was single i'd be buying myself a steamed lobster or some crab legs, a bottle of wine and some goat cheese and a steamed artichoke. And i would devour it all. YUM
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    Anything that fits in my calorie allowance! lol XD
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    Baked potato with Baked Beans and a small amount of cheese.