ODD NSV.

Options
Timshel_
Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
This ties into anxiety, depression, fitness, and such, so bare with me.

There was a commercial during the last Olympics that had several athelets talking about things they gave up, overcame, or endured to be competing for the US. In one of the really quick clips one athelete says, "I haven't ordered dessert in two years." Kind of innocuous by itself, but it stuck with me for some reason. Today it was a bit more clear what that means.

Let me say, I HAVE ordered dessert in the last two years. More times than I can count. However, in just the beginning of this year I have almost completely stopped. And I can see the changes, dropping some weight and not feeling my energy go up and down through the day. The other thing I really noticed with the energy consistency is peaks of anxiety and lows that feel like depression have subsided as well. So anyone who might have issues in these areas might consider that.

And that is my NSV; the consistency of energy I feel in myself now from cutting sugars and sweets down, eating healthier, and working on my fitness. And how discipline, like the athlete spoke of, is key to any success.

The funny thing that really made me notice this was eating a big Hershy Kiss this morning my wife got me for Valentines Day. Polsihed it off with a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and here, just 30 minutes later, my heart is racing and I am ZINGING on a sugar rush! I knew sugar effected me, but I never realized how much!

Cheers.

Replies

• stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thats a good NSV! I suffer from anxiety and now that I think about it what you say is true, I cant remember the last time I needed my chill pill. :-) Enjoy your valentines day
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great story! I love it, way to go!!!
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you use any substitutes like Stevia?
  • Timshel_
    Options
    I've tried Stivia. Wife likes it and I don't. For coffee I went from CoffeeMate which I LOVE, to just black. No more Pepsi or soda either. Mostly fruits for "sugary" snacks.
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's great. I use Stevia in my coffee and still give in to a diet dp every once in awhile. Trying to get off pop all together.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!