Best training, if not best life advice, I've ever heard

Options
"Finally, if I've learned one thing in the last 18 years that I'd say is of the utmost importance to impart upon other people, it's that you should give no fcking thought whatsoever to what other people are doing, and even less thought to what they think you're doing. Without question, that sounds pompous and solipsistic, but it's fcking true. People, by and large, go out of their fcking way to suck, and try hard to make you suck with them. They'll fight you tooth and nail on the latter, as they resent the *kitten* out of the fact that you excel, as it sets the bar that much higher and reminds them of their myriad inadequacies. Thus, insofar as lifting goes, ignore everyone around you and do what you want. It's a certainty that if they object it's out of fear or jealousy or a combination thereof, and it's even more likely that they've got no fcking clue what they're doing anyway. In short - fck everyone. Fight hard, fck hard, study hard, play hard, lift hard and generally be hard. Enjoy yourself, and be awesome. Everything else is bullsh!t." - Chaos & Pain, chaosandpain.blogspot.com/

This is one of my morning reads every morning along with a few other quotes. It may sound extreme, but if you can take away even just a little bit of this attitude and apply it to training and life it works wonders.

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    That is pure, liquid awesome
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't be bad if it hadn't been expressed in such offensive terms.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Who's offended? :drinker:
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Can I get an AMEN !
  • Whipppets
    Options
    So true I was telling a buddy of mine in spin class how we did 1000 push ups one day at work and some lady
    chimes in that she thought it was a bad idea as you could hurt your shoulders... I really was not talking to her but she
    put a negative spin on it anyway.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Life can be pretty offensive sometimes.

I also work with tramp miners and am the only female on our jobsite so maybe I have a skewed definition of offensive. *shrugs* fck it!
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I so agree with this!! Two thumbs up!!

I've had people tell me at the gym before "don't you have a life" or "why don't you take some time off you work to hard" I boil that down to pure out and out jealousy or something. I do have a life for one...just because part of that life includes working my hardest at the gym doesn't mean I don't have one and I am sorry that they can't dedicate an hour or an hour and a half to it. I learned a long time ago to just look and smile and say that's nice - doesn't mean anything other than believe what you want because I don't really care.

Negative Nancy's just really don't jive well with me.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Jamie is the man, and quite frankly, my biggest inspiration in the powerlifting world, with Stan Efferding coming in a close second.

There's so much training gold in that blog, it's unreal. It's just too bad that most people are such QQbears that get their delicate sensibilities hurt when they realize that the people he talks about sucking are often the very people reading, and offended by said blog. Now, if only they'd put as much effort into their training as they do their being offended.
  • swangwcb
    swangwcb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! I agree, great advice for lifting, and LIFE in general. Thanks for sharing! :love:
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm just laughing because by the second "fck" I knew where you got this from, even though I'd never read it before. :laugh:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

What does this have to do with the content? If you don't like it or find it offensive, don't read it. I am not much for foul language myself but I certainly don't feel the need to comment on someone else using on an internet forum. I recall you finding the "Ladies, shut up and listen" thread title offensive also. Have you considered the possiblity that you might be too easly offended?
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i pay attention to what other people do because i may want to emulate something they are doing that i like. NBD
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wow, I needed to hear that; thank you so much for sharing it. We all have to deal with people with that crabs-in-a-barrel mentality and it can be so toxic! I think the one thing I'd add from my own experience is to do your best to forgive the naysayers and their limitations...even if those limitations are self-imposed. Forgiving is a healthy thing we do for ourselves, and redirects that energy back toward becoming even more awesome!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    this is excellent. i need to apply this to my life in general. i worry and care WAAAAAAAY too much about those around me. :flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Reported.

Just kidding. Carry on
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    thanks i needed that. was feeling a little guilty about cutting someone off. someone toxic who did nothing but take jabs all the time. p.s. can I get a t-shirt with that on it? f.ck 'em? i'd like to wear it the next time i see her when i'm on my way to workout at my gym that she no longer has access to due to her big mouth.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

that site is blocked by the Bahraini government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that speech was great. I wanted to read the blog.

the king of Bahrain was offended by it, clearly :sad:
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i agree killer! I soo fing agree.. /high five ! ~.^"
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Doesn't offend me at all. I think it's pretty awesome personally.