Embarassed myself at the gym today... but its OKAY

Options
12346»

Replies

• agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I hate being in new situations where I don't know what to do! BTW, 5 minutes on the elliptical for your first time is GREAT! That thing is a killer.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    YAY!!! You should be very proud of yourself that you did it! Don't be embarrassed about anything. I personally have a love/hate relationship with the elliptical so knowing you made it five minutes for a first timer is awesome!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kashmir09
    Options
    Great Victory! you can be proud of yourself! You dun it and ... Hey, it was OKAY :flowerforyou:
  • ysienkiewicz
    ysienkiewicz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for going!!!!!! Give yourself a pat on the back!

I joined my local YMCA and found out several things: 1) they have programs (free!) to teach you how to use the equipment AND set up an exercise plan to maximize your time and minimize injury, 2) everyone else is doing their own thing. You would be surprised that no one else is watching you like you think! 3) I liked going. As you go more often, you may find that you meet very nice people there! I even joined a couple of group exercise classes, like Zumba!

You can do it! Thanks for sharing!

:smile:
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh... I LOVE your post. I DID THE EXACT SAME THING!! I actually went up and asked how to work it and he told me but I must have picked too hard of a setting because after about 5 minutes my legs fell like jelly. I got off and almost fell over. I carefully walked out the the gym and my thighs TICKLED... thats how they felt. Like tickly jelly. Then they hurt really bad for the next 3 days.

I still won't use the elliptical because I simply can't operate the stupid controls WHILE moving because I am short with short arms and legs and uncoordinated :( If I stop moving it turns off. I have been using the bikes and treadmills instead. I figure one day when the gym is close to empty I will give it another try.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Awww you did great!! You went, and that's the important thing! I know how hard it can be to do stuff like that the first time, especially alone (it terrifies me), so here's to you for getting out and doing it!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • iloveadam2013
    Options
    Please try the elliptical again, once you get the hang of it, you might just love it! I too had to learn how to work it but once you get the hang of it, if you can watch videos while you work out (on your phone, ipad, etc) the time will fly before you know it. At our gym they have small tv's on each piece of equipment. I would go at the same time three times a week and put on Law and Order SVU and just work without watching the time. I stayed motivated also watching how much calories I was burning and how many steps I was actually taking. You can do this and I'm excited for you! I havent' used it in a while as I switched to Hip Hop Abs in my office but whatever works..the key is to make sure you "move"...I just joined this site but I'm anxious to see the results and get the added support I need to keep going with my weight loss. I wish you well!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! That is amazing and wonderful that you did that!! (And I go backwards on the elliptical sometimes too, it's more than fine!)