Rushfit day one today! Anyone else?

Options
Ouch! Anyone else starting or just recently started?

Replies

• Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I planned on buying it but my boyfriend unexpectantly gave me P90X today as my Vday gift. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts or experiences on this. I still might purchasse it in the future.
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am on day 11 and think it is great so far...
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    what kind of results are you seeing so far, Nanook?
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I completed the beginner's program and really liked it. I didn't see killer results, but I'm down to that last 10 pounds that don't seem to want to budge, so that could be part of it. I definitely felt stronger, and the workouts are fun, especially fight conditioning.
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mostly mental so far - I have lost a couple of pounds and my pants feel looser but mostly I have been happy to stay on track and finish the workouts
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Three years ago (or was it two?), I did P90X. It was fine.

Last year, I did RushFit - Intermediate. I thought it was much more effective at getting into shape. I lost more weight than with P90X and felt much better about myself afterward.

First, the workouts are shorter. P90X - every day (except just Stretch-X) was over an hour. With Rushfit, they are all less than an hour - about 50 minutes, total. The only exception is when you get to the second month and you're doing 40 minutes of cardio plus Stretch or Balance & Agility.

Secondly, instead of getting too wrapped up in numbers - as with P90X - RushFit just has you working as hard as you can for the set amount of time. Obviously, it's nice to keep track of certain numbers, so you can see some progress, but the idea is more that you're going to do as much work and improve every workout.

Thirdly, there were basically just some exercises in P90X that I thought were basically worthless. Well, maybe not "worthless," but do you really need to do 5 variations of a bicep curl in one workout? OK, the Ab Ripper X was pretty worthless.

I think the only thing I liked better about P90X was the nutrition plan. Basically, there wasn't much of one with RushFit. It basically had you calculate your BMR and gave you a couple of basic guidelines. P90X, on the other hand - while maybe being a little much - actually gives you ideas for full day meal plans.

On a personality note, Tony Horton from P90X has a "better" sense of humor than Erik Owings, the guy who guides you through RushFit. But, Tony could get annoying.

The only thing I'd say that I didn't really like about RushFit was the fact that the warm-ups and cool-downs were the exact same for every workout, which didn't really make sense to me. Thus, those parts got a little boring. Not really a big deal. Although, I guess it's kinda good for the cool-down, as once you know what you're going to do after the workout, you can more or less turn off your brain and relax during this time.

eta: P90X is more about gaining individual muscle strength, while RushFit, IMO, is more about overall conditioning.
    end edit

Really, either is fine - I just, personally, liked RushFit better. Hope that helped.
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That was helpful thank you!

Nanook that's great that your pants are looser on day 11! That gives me lots of hope. I am so sore today that I will mentally feel great by day 11 too!
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi! And good luck! :-*
  • Dawid83
    Dawid83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How you guys and girls enjoying "Full Body Strength and Conditioning"? :sick:

Between it and "Strength and Endurance" it's hard to decide which is worse.

Anyways, enjoy and strength.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 months in...

Yes my pants are definitely looser, and i can see more definition in my biceps and noticeable gains in my endurance/ability to complete the workouts.

I love this program cause some phony guy is not screaming in your face.. they are real, down to earth people, and GSP is sweating his *kitten* off just like us... he is struggling too!

Feel free to add me!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    How you guys and girls enjoying "Full Body Strength and Conditioning"? :sick:

Between it and "Strength and Endurance" it's hard to decide which is worse.

Anyways, enjoy and strength.

Strength and endurance is worse for me.

I HATE the static squat..
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 1 with the Full Body Strength & Conditioning. Maybe it's because I went to the gym a little bit before doing it, but this DVD was really tough for me tonight. So far, the DVD that I like the most is the strength & endurance or the abdominal strength. Fight Conditioning is coming up for me Friday, I've heard good things about that one so I'm pretty excited.
  • Dawid83
    Dawid83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That static squat is miserable!!

But the 1st round of air squats and hindu pushups from full body strength and conditioning has me begging for mercy. It makes the rest of the rounds killer.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Rushfit is a wonderful program that I would rate as one of the single best workout DVD programs in existence. You will see changes in your body, but more importantly, you will see more significant advances in functional fitness than you would doing any other program. It is important to note that the program does not include cardio workouts to supplement the circuit training workouts. They expect you to do your own cardio, and the type you choose to supplement the circuit workouts with will help determine what type of results you should expect to see.
  • johnsongirls
    Options
    Is everyone still hanging in there? It's day 10 for me and so far so good. I haven't lost any weight yet but I did take my measurements and I have already lost 4.5 inches! I was floored. I really wasn't planning on measuring until the midway point but my husband made a comment that my thighs looked smaller so I measured to see and he was right.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Just bought it and am excited to get started! I am trying to lose the dreaded last 8-10 pounds (since November). I hope to make it the entire 8 weeks. I want my shirt ! ;)
  • johnsongirls
    Options
    I want a shirt too!!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say I am on day 10 today. I enjoy this so much!
  • jimmyjamjam
    Options
    I'm on the first week of the beginner program. It's difficult but I'm liking it so far. Check out my progress at thestretchymiddle.blogspot.com
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    Just started rush fit. Looking for feedback.