A gallon of water a day.

Options
So I've been drinking a gallon of water a day for the past month n a half to help aide in my weightloss but its like the water keeps me so full I really don't want to eat. I'm at the point where I no longer eat til I'm full and miserable I eat til I'm satisfied but its hard to even get 1200 calories in a day bc I'm just NOT hungry and I don't eat after 7pm so trying to cram in atleast 4 meals a day is hard bc again I'm not hungry lol. I can always get in breakfast lunch and dinner but that extra snack or meal never makes it. I try to eat every 3 hours 9,12,3,6 and the 3:00 meal is wat gets skipped. Not really sure wat I'm asking here exactly but if anyone can understand wat I'm talkin about any and all advice is welcome. Thank u.

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what you're asking either. But maybe you should try drinking less water.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What made you think you should drink a gallon of water?

Have you taken any of the advice on your previous thread to eat more calorie dense foods? It looks like you had egg whites this morning, why didn't you just use the whole egg? Yesterday, you could have added some nuts into your oatmeal or some oil r butter to your rice.
  • Eons44
    Eons44 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You must be going to the bathroom every ten minutes drinking that much
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    What made you think you should drink a gallon of water?

Have you taken any of the advice on your previous thread to eat more calorie dense foods? It looks like you had egg whites this morning, why didn't you just use the whole egg? Yesterday, you could have added some nuts into your oatmeal or some oil r butter to your rice.
    I'm so lost in this whole weightloss thing I'm trying to get the hang of it I just started. I heard egg whites were healthy so that's wat I chose but I did 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg. And a gallon of water is the advice I was given by someone who lost 150lbs in a year.
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    You must be going to the bathroom every ten minutes drinking that much
    Yea depending on how much I drink at a time
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should drink less water? And...maybe you should eat after 7...
  • amieandjoey
    Options
    I drink nothing but water and i can easily drink a gallon and a half in a day!! But i still manage to get my meals in, although I DO go to the bathroom a lot !!!
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A gallon of water is a lot if you aren't eating. Especially if you're exercising. You risk hyponatremia (if you drink excessive amounts of water and exercise simultaneously because you aren't replacing the sodium lost through sweating and urination) Aside from that, everyone is different. Just because this person drank a gallon of water doesn't mean you need too. Cut back a little each day on the water to find your happy medium.
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that you only need to drink enough water to keep you hydrated which is different for everyone. Someone posted recently the military urine color test. If your urine is light yellow to clear, you should be fine I think. Like others suggested, eat more calorie dense food and only drink as much water as you need to be hydrated.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what you're asking either. But maybe you should try drinking less water.

/thread
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I drink a gallon every day.

I eat 3 "meals" (about 300 - 500 cals each) and 3 snacks for a total of 1500 - 1700 cals/day.

Eating every 2 hours seems to reall help.

You get used to it after a while....but I still pee a lot.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Water is relative to the person and you have to be careful about bingeing on it, especially on the advice of someone who is not a medical professional.

Generally speaking, a person needs approximately 3 liters of fluid total a day. Where it comes from is a variety of places. Remember that water comes from your food as well as your beverages.

Are you ONLY drinking water? If you are adding anything else, such as tea, coffee, soda, etc, you are overloading on fluids. Water intake is meant to be periodic throughout the day.

Heavier people sweat more because they do more work for daily activities. Depending on what that person was doing for exercise and food, their water needs can be completely different than yours. It's a good practice to drink a glass of water 15 minutes before eating to make sure you're actually hungry, and you do need to drink water if you feel thirsty, but there's no 100% set requirement. The AVERAGE person needs 3 liters. That means some need more, some need less, and no one can figure that out but you.

I say back off on the water and get more food. If you're miserable, that's a sign that this isn't right for you.
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    My only exercise right now consists of me walking 30 mins a day and that's not even everyday. I should be walking now.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Just add in some nuts to your snacks and some avocado onto sandwiches. Shoot for a bit more fat, don't focus on fat free and you will be able to creep the calories up a bit to what you need. Nothing wrong with a gallon or more worth of water. Keeps all the body's system cleaning out!
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    Water is relative to the person and you have to be careful about bingeing on it, especially on the advice of someone who is not a medical professional.

Generally speaking, a person needs approximately 3 liters of fluid total a day. Where it comes from is a variety of places. Remember that water comes from your food as well as your beverages.

Are you ONLY drinking water? If you are adding anything else, such as tea, coffee, soda, etc, you are overloading on fluids. Water intake is meant to be periodic throughout the day.

Heavier people sweat more because they do more work for daily activities. Depending on what that person was doing for exercise and food, their water needs can be completely different than yours. It's a good practice to drink a glass of water 15 minutes before eating to make sure you're actually hungry, and you do need to drink water if you feel thirsty, but there's no 100% set requirement. The AVERAGE person needs 3 liters. That means some need more, some need less, and no one can figure that out but you.

I say back off on the water and get more food. If you're miserable, that's a sign that this isn't right for you.
    Yes I'm ONLY drinking water and maybe I'm just getting tired of it now
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I drink nothing but water and i can easily drink a gallon and a half in a day!! But i still manage to get my meals in, although I DO go to the bathroom a lot !!!

I also drink about that much.

Unlike the OP, my problem is not the water taking the place of food, it's that I'm not hungry after I workout. I struggle to get my calories in on those days and the day after.
  • beadlock
    Options
    I consume over a gallon of water a day. Its generally on average about a gallon and a half. I find myself not "hungry" at those times either, but I find that if its getting close to that time where I need to have that "snack" at mid-day and not ready for it, I walk the stairs that I have work. I work on the third floor of our office building and walk down one side of the building down the hall and across to the other flight of stairs and back up to my office. This doesnt seem like much but it allows me to eat that piece of fruit or some other snack that I have brought to work with me. I hope this helps you out.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You eat a lot of salmon. I don't know how you prepare it, but you could try cooking it on the stovetop in olive oil. Also, eat different salmon. Yours has 80 calories in 4 ounces. The salmon that I usually eat has about double that. Eat chicken instead of that salmon, as it has about 120 calories for 4 ounces. Instead of using 1/8 cup cheese, use 1/4. I see you eat spinach, a good way to prepare it is sauteed in olive oil, topped with feta cheese, or parmesan, and toasted pinenuts.
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    You eat a lot of salmon. I don't know how you prepare it, but you could try cooking it on the stovetop in olive oil. Also, eat different salmon. Yours has 80 calories in 4 ounces. The salmon that I usually eat has about double that. Eat chicken instead of that salmon, as it has about 120 calories for 4 ounces. Instead of using 1/8 cup cheese, use 1/4. I see you eat spinach, a good way to prepare it is sauteed in olive oil, topped with feta cheese, or parmesan, and toasted pinenuts.

Thank u for the tips!! =)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Oh man! A gallon of water a day and I'd be getting up to pee all night. That's what happens with me. The water pretty much stays put until I lay down.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it!