V-Day flowers delivered to my office- from my new ex-bf

Options
I broke up with my boyfriend of 1.5 years on Monday.... it was my choice (irreconcilable differences). I'm working hard at the offfice, when I feel someone in my doorway. Flower delivery. Only about the 4th one today I had to help find the offices of the ladies in love. Except this time it was for me. As I read the card, I realized he ordered them before we broke up.

Well, isn't that a knife to the chest. I texted him anyway. I thanked him for the flowers, and told him I knew he ordered them when we were still together, but that I wanted to tell him they were beautiful and it was touching nonetheless. I don't know if he'll respond, and I suppose it doesn't matter. It felt like the right thing to do.

I can't wait to go home. I need to exercise. I need to just kick butt until I'm too exhausted to be emotional.

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'd also tell him to cancel the order for next year
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    aw. That stinks.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Sorry for the double post.
  • aadutton
    Options
    Ugh, that stinks.

I'm sure you know this, but if he took the break-up badly and responds to your text trying to engage you in conversation, you should refrain. I've learned guys can find a way to take any form of communication (even well-meaning and innocent) out of context.

A good work out will help, always does.
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You could donate the flowers to your local hospital or nursing home if you don't want to take them home.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Very classy of you given the circumstances!
  • harvo
    Options
    Ugh, that stinks.

I'm sure you know this, but if he took the break-up badly and responds to your text trying to engage you in conversation, you should refrain. I've learned guys can find a way to take any form of communication (even well-meaning and innocent) out of context.

You said you would not bring that up again...It was an emotional time for me.....
  • samianneB
    samianneB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    he could of cancelled them but didn't, i dont know why you guys broke up and sorry to hear it, but if theres a way you can sort it out then try, xx
  • aadutton
    Options
    Ugh, that stinks.

You said you would not bring that up again...It was an emotional time for me.....

The restraining order says you're not to contact me. Tsk.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks for the laugh and support you guys. You made my day a whole lot brighter. :flowerforyou: And considering here in Florida it's raining, and chilly....that says a lot.

He and I fought a lot. Stupid things. Things just weren't forgiven....on both sides. I don't hate him. He's a very good guy. I guess I let him go because I knew he needed to be with someone else. I wanted both of us to be happy. After trying every communication method in the book, I realized that we just couldn't communicate our wants and needs in a productive way. I don't like being angry and hurt all the time. It's not me. It's a crappy feeling. So, I suppose I can sum it up by saying I had to let something I love go, to gain something I love more: Peace

Doesn't make it any easier, though.

Happy V-Day to all!!! :drinker:
  • harvo
    Options
    I have kept my distance and my computer is quirky..Not sure how it grabbed the quote on your post...:noway:

but thanks for the communication back, I am sure I am not misinterpreting it...:flowerforyou:
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    he could of cancelled them but didn't, i dont know why you guys broke up and sorry to hear it, but if theres a way you can sort it out then try, xx

^^ Agreed - He wanted you to get them or he would have canceled them as he had plenty of time....You also did the right thing by thanking him...Never now as you may work things out one day:love:
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Proof that V-day is a horrible holiday. Your ex was smart enough to plan ahead and get his order in. If anything give him credit he thought you’d still be together. We as men feel forced to buy flowers, cards, and/or candy because expected. That’s not love, that’s obligation. Now if guy sending you a card or buys you flowers on a Tuesday for no reason, that’s love (yes, I do this for my wife). It’s a Hallmark holiday that we all just go along with because people think we’re a-holes if we don’t.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I have kept my distance and my computer is quirky..Not sure how it grabbed the quote on your post...:noway:

but thanks for the communication back, I am sure I am not misinterpreting it...:flowerforyou:

Dude she totally wants you back. You can tell that there was total sarcasm in the way she mentioned that restraining order.
  • aadutton
    Options

Dude she totally wants you back. You can tell that there was total sarcasm in the way she mentioned that restraining order.

Upon reflection I realize I probably made an unfair, sweeping generalization about "men". I only limited it because, alas, my experiences are limited to men. I'm sure women do the same thing and, therefore, I'll extend my unfair, sweeping generalization to all of humanity.

Your ability to sense sarcasm online is uncanny.
  • harvo
    Options

REALLY, you think...I mean that scarf looks like the one I got her last Valentines day....
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Proof that V-day is a horrible holiday. Your ex was smart enough to plan ahead and get his order in. If anything give him credit he thought you’d still be together. We as men feel forced to buy flowers, cards, and/or candy because expected. That’s not love, that’s obligation. Now if guy sending you a card or buys you flowers on a Tuesday for no reason, that’s love (yes, I do this for my wife). It’s a Hallmark holiday that we all just go along with because people think we’re a-holes if we don’t.

It is a horrible holiday, and one that we've never really celebrated with much pomp and glory. I'm not the kind of girl that expects all the commercial hoopla, because it is insincere. I like things that are from the heart....not because they're expected. But in a conversation a long time ago when we were first dating, I mentioned the only thing about Valentine's I kinda wished for....were flowers delivered to my office. To hear my coworkers compliment them, and give me a chance to tell them all about the ways he spoils me. He remembered that.....and that's what's from the heart. Not the flowers. So, despite our differences, it was touching.