Lettuce Wrap ideas anyone????

Options
devon0324
devon0324 Posts: 57 Member
I just bousht some large Romaine Lettuce for making lettuce wraps. ANyone have any ideas??? I am farmiliar with the taco lettuce wraps, Mexican food is my favorite!

Replies

• mjtully
    Options
    HI, if you make a stir fry of chicken cut into small peieces its really good in a lettuce wrap
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did buffalo chicken lettuce wraps last night, and they were pretty awesome. I used the skinnytaste crock pot buffalo chicken recipe (3lbs chicken breast, 1 bottle Frank's buffalo sauce, and a packet of ranch seasonings in a crock pot for 8 hours, then shred), added a little ranch mayo, and rolled them in leaves of iceberg. Yum :)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't get the deal with wrapping with lettuce. I LOVE it but I can't ever get a good wrap on. I've tried so many different kinds of lettuce. What am I doing wrong?!
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    do sloppy joes....yummy!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    i love romaine leaves with cut tomatoes yellow or orange pepper and avocado rolled up. Yummy
  • ELENA_Z
    ELENA_Z Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    if it requires bread and i dont want it ill turn it into a wrap.. burgers sandwiches tacos pretty much anything..i love it..!!.
  • hmarean
    Options
    I don't get the deal with wrapping with lettuce. I LOVE it but I can't ever get a good wrap on. I've tried so many different kinds of lettuce. What am I doing wrong?!

I use Boston lettuce leaves. They seem to hold up better when wrapping.
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Turkey or chicken, feta cheese sprinkles, & cucumbers
  • ybarramonique
    ybarramonique Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to the store and buy Jennie O extra lean turkey (only 120 cals per serving) and also buy sunbird lettuce wrap seasoning (15 cals per 2 tbsp) and some fresh jalapenos if you like spicy food - add sriracha for taste - awesome lettuce wraps!!!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options

I use Boston lettuce leaves. They seem to hold up better when wrapping.

I like Boston lettuce also for wraps.

I did BLT wraps, tuna salad wraps, pretty much anything you can put in a sandwich.
  • KishaO
    KishaO Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did buffalo chicken lettuce wraps last night, and they were pretty awesome. I used the skinnytaste crock pot buffalo chicken recipe (3lbs chicken breast, 1 bottle Frank's buffalo sauce, and a packet of ranch seasonings in a crock pot for 8 hours, then shred), added a little ranch mayo, and rolled them in leaves of iceberg. Yum :)

That sounds so YUMMY!!! I going to try this. Thank you for posting. Do you have the caloric intake??
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like shredded mozzarella, green olives, banana peppers and turkey slices.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I just did a healthy chicken salad, it was amazingerrrrrrz.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    ground turkey
    chopped onions, peppers, carrots, and whatever other veggies you like.
    stif fry with some terriyaki sauce.....
    spoon into lettuce, wrap up, and chow down.
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When I use to do catering, I made a grilled chicken salad with apples and toasted cashews wrapped in bib lettuce. I’m sure with light mayo and use a different nut it will be healthy.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options

This was gonna be my suggestion!! :) One of my favorites, plus, so easy to do!

Crock pots are heaven sent!
  • kbmomma42
    kbmomma42 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump - great ideas!
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    http://www.blogilates.com/diet-2/cheap-clean-eats-lettuce-wraps-1-76serving

^I love pop pilates with Cassey Ho and I just saw this lettuce wrap on her website! I think I'm going to try it!
  • cathy8306
    Options
    Self magazine has a great lettuce wrap that I make frequently. Use the living head of butter lettuce for it.. they are AMAZING! Here is the recipe. :)

http://www.self.com/blogs/flash/2012/10/recipe-asian-chicken-lettuce-wraps.html