Great actors-Horrible movies

Options
123457»

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Raul Julia... Street Fighter. What a sad note to end on.

Aw, I miss Raul Julia. One of those actors you could watch in anything - even a bad movie.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    ok, here's one for you -

Harrison Ford - Star Wars Christmas Special

Do I win? Is this something that not even MFPers can argue about?

but...but....but.....while you are correct that it is terrible....it is not a movie...

What is it then, a herring? Other than a steaming pile of fetid dingoes' kidneys that is.

Seriously though, it's a TV Movie. It counts, dammit.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Mark Wahlberg - The Happening

Arrrrrrrrghhhhhhh, the plants, the plants... no wonder vegans and vegetarians think it's a good idea to eat as many as possible!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Brazil. I don't think anyone "good" was in it... but that was the worst movie in the history of EVER. srsly, if i had to watch that or Bridges of Madison County.... i would jump off a bridge in madison co. LOL
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Jeff Bridges-The Big Lebowski

blashphemy.
  • stratmantl69
    Options
    I know this one is sort of cult classic now (and if properly inebriated, I may still watch it) but I have to go with:

Zardoz - Sean Connery

I mean, oh dear God..................

Zardoz1.jpg

:sick: Haven't seen the movie, but this picture should not exist anywhere, ever.... Although now I kinda do want to watch the movie. Just to see how horrible it is. :laugh:

Ha ha ha, you will not be disappointed. Although there are some parts that are kind of "hippy-trippy" in sort of a cool way; its total early 70's production values.......in a really bad way. Although its proof-positive that the drugs back then were REALLY, REALLY potent.................. :smokin:
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Adrien Brody is going to be in this new movie called InAPPropriate Comedy. It looks awful.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Jeff Bridges-The Big Lebowski

Thank you for saying it.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    ok, reading through these posts, I've now seen mentioned -

Men Who Stare at Goats
    The Big Lebowski
    Dragnet
    No Country For Old Men

Obviously you people have DIFFERNT taste in films, or just a very DIFFERENT perspective of what makes a good movie.

This

I fixed it for you. :wink:

I love when people tell other people they have no taste. No. You have different taste. It is OK to like or not like these films. I think No Country For Old Men is one of the greatest movies ever. I also think Men Who Stare at Goats qualifies just below waterboarding as torture. Am I right? Yep. Nope. Maybe. These are my opinions. DIFFERENT than yours. This is not Nazi Germany, and this will not be over when they bomb Pearl Harbor.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    jack nicholson in wolf.. terrible movie.. but i love him so much

This. The movie was so bad, even Nicholson couldn't keep me from walking out of the theater half way through it.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Batman and Robin - It had George Clooney and Uma Thurman, two solid actors, and yet it was SO. EFFING. HORRIBLE.
    \
    You'd never figure that George Clooney would make the worst batman ever. But he did.

I can see Clooney playing Alfred in a few years..... That's about it.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Sean Connery - Highlander 2

There is no such thing as Highlander 2. I don't care if IMDB says it exists. IT DOESN'T!!!!!

There can be only one.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Mark Wahlberg - Shooter

Maybe because I read (and loved) the book (Point of Impact)...hated the movie.
    I thought the topic was good actors?

In movies like "The Big Hit" and "Rock Star", Wahlberg was excellent.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Also, Highlander - Sean Connery.

I know it's a cult classic, but there's no getting around the fact that this movie. is. horrible.

You are dead to me. :grumble: :laugh:
  • jnichel
    Options
    Johnny Depp - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory