I am disappointed

Options
2»

Replies

• artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That's what I love about my HRM....you can't trick it! If your not exerting the extra energy to get your heart pumpin you won't burn the calories. I can do the exact same workout DVD one day and burn 600 cals because I'm really putting 110% into it and the next day I'll be tired or lazy and not give it my all and do the same workout only to burn say 400. True Story.
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    MFP was giving me 100 calories more than my HRM. That being said, if I don't give it my all during my zumba class, I will burn a lot less. Make sure you bring your heart rate up and exaggerate movements if you want to burn more cals!
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about the calories I burn, because with my increased activities I am seeing a loss in body inches as well as on the scale. I don't do any intense workouts. I just do 3-20 minute walks a day, shovel the snow whenever we get snow, which has been pretty well everyday this winter. I also split wood, with a mechanical wood splitter, haul it and pile it. there is a lot of bending picking up the wood. I have done 7 hrs of that this past 2 weeks. I just feel that any increase in physical activites is to our benefit. I feel wonderful compared to when I started MFP on Jan 6th, 2013.