Why does the background of your photo look like that?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    24xgt5d.jpg

...perhaps this is kind of irrelevant, but, this is MyFitnessPal, not Hoarders.

Yep. It is MyFitnessPal..not Hoarders or How Clean is Your House. Why not stop judging other people's junk and just focus on your own fitness goals :flowerforyou:
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    For those of you who maybe don't get what I'm talking about, I'm not talking about messy, I'm talking about BEDLAM. Which is why I provided a picture as an example. I've literally seen people standing in rooms that look similar to the photo I posted. You got towels laying around, or some shoes, or whatever, I get it. ...but if it looks like I see something that may or may not be an animal carcass buried beneath 4 layers of filth AND a baby carriage, you're doin' too much. Sorry.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    1242225474_attempting_to_give_a_damn.gif

^^^^ EPIC!!!!
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    spread-anarchy.jpg

:love:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    multiplepersonalities_zps52e7b072.jpg

Bla Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
  • phangirl8
    phangirl8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    *Makes mental note to kick all the crap out of shot before taking update pics*
  • nezsorou
    Options
    tumblr_mgr06hoMXx1r11q1qo1_500.gif
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    *Makes mental note to kick all the crap out of shot before taking update pics*

Yep. :grumble:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Try keeping any room clean with a 4 year old that likes to rearrange on a whim... I honestly have to clean the livingroom probably 3 times a day even though I still go to work and we are both out of the house for around 9-10 hours each day. Not to mention she explodes laundry baskets looking for toys that are not in them :grumble: Definitely a handful even though I try to curb the behaviour (doesn't help that at her fathers house she doesn't get in trouble for doing all this, he just lets her and cleans up after)
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

^^^ this
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you. For a start, I think photos look best if you are trying to show your physique if it's in a mirror or against a plain background. It's less distracting and makes the progress the subject of the photo more, which is what it's all about.
    This is also a peeve of mine on Facebook, people have profile pictures with a room covered in clothes, dirty plates, etc. behind them. It looks horrible!

Basically, the more crap in a picture the less I notice what you want me to notice.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    squal·or (skwlr)
    n.
    A filthy and wretched condition or quality.

Try using the word correctly if you're going to use it. Piles of toys and clothes does not constitute "squalor". If you are looking close enough to see mold on the wall or crusted dirt on the rug, you really need to get over yourself and what your intentions are.

Many people who have major weight issues in turn have depression issues. A classic sign of depression/mental issues is a chaotic home. Generally speaking, the organization of someone's home can indicate how severe their mental struggles are. I urge you to be a bit more sensitive before making judgmental comments about people who are struggling on here. As they get things in order with their health, their homes will begin to reflect that.
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I get it. ..really. You taking the time to reply to a post you don't care about really let's me know you don't care. Especially when you take the time to add a graphic to further demonstrate how much you don't care. Totally makes sense. Boy do I feel silly.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhia0p3Jrb1r317bvo1_500.gif
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    to that, i would also like to add:
    make sure there is a sufficient light source in your photo....or why bother
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Get a life.
  • Cara75
    Cara75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

OMG... ur towels totally rnt even even!!! I think you should fix that then take another picture... VERY distracting!!

TEASING!! lol
  • PikaKnight
    Options

OMG... ur towels totally rnt even even!!! I think you should fix that then take another picture... VERY distracting!!

TEASING!! lol

Dude. Scoot your trees out before you take a picture. They look messy and distract from your physique. [joking :) ]

hehehehe :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    squal·or (skwlr)
    n.
    A filthy and wretched condition or quality.

Try using the word correctly if you're going to use it. Piles of toys and clothes does not constitute "squalor". If you are looking close enough to see mold on the wall or crusted dirt on the rug, you really need to get over yourself and what your intentions are.

Many people who have major weight issues in turn have depression issues. A classic sign of depression/mental issues is a chaotic home. Generally speaking, the organization of someone's home can indicate how severe their mental struggles are. I urge you to be a bit more sensitive before making judgmental comments about people who are struggling on here. As they get things in order with their health, their homes will begin to reflect that.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Cara75
    Cara75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

TEASING!! lol

Dude. Scoot your trees out before you take a picture. They look messy and distract from your physique. [joking :) ]

hehehehe :flowerforyou:

OH MY GOD!! You are so RIGHT... im sooooooo fckn embarrised!! (opening to be dissed for spelling) ... damn the tropical Dominican greenery!!!!

lol