who wants to jump start a diet by fasting for three days?

Options
:drinker: Hello, I want to start doing a Intermitted fast ongoing daily. But want to jump start it by doing a three day water fast. Any body with me? Any diet that you follow afterwards Is good by me. Lets just fast for three days first!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Good Lord, why??
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    No thanks! I enjoy eating and not feeling like a miserable, death-shell of a person. Enjoy your water!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It's your funeral....good luck.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    uh... no.
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This doesn't sound smart at all. I attempted to do something similar when I was a young teen and ended up with bad flu like symptoms that took a while to go away. Be kind to your body.
  • futrformrfatty
    futrformrfatty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    from personal experience I would highly recommend not doing something like that. When I was in college, my roomies and myself decided to start working out together and decided to do a 3 day fast. We had a glass of juice for each meal and all the rest water only. Lets just say it's pure hell. I was starving and felt horrible. Yes you do lose weight, but once you start eating again you gain in all back and then some because your body is in starvation mode.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I already practice intermittent Fasting.

But you can starve yourself alone. No way in hell anyone with a brain would join you.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I also do intermittent fasting. Some days 22 hours with ZERO FOOD.

But this?? ....nah.
  • HolyPeas
    Options
    honestly, thats probably not the best of ideas unless you are doing some sort of controlled intermittent fasting, which it doesn't sound like you are because you don't have a set number of days or anything like that.
  • strongerthanFAT
    strongerthanFAT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fasting in some cases is really healthy. There are health benefits to it, but definitely be aware that it can be rough and make you very very grumpy. Three days is also about when your metabolism starts to slow. Either way, as long as it's for the right reasons, it can definitely help, contrary to many beliefs. Intermittent fasting right off the bat is also a good option.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My parole officer requires me to get a minimum of 1100 calories every day lest we have a repeat of The Incident.

I kid, I kid. But I seriously do get cranky when I don't eat. So no.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Um....no.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you would be better off jump starting with a 24 hour fast and then going to lean gains or eat stop eat...what form of IF are you going to do?

I do lean gains 18/6 and I have never done 72 hour fast...and at 72 hours is when your body really does start to go into starvation mode and starting looking for other stores i.e. muscle to burn for energy ..

Do a 24 hour fast and then stick to your IF protocol....
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's your funeral....good luck.

lol!:laugh:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat I turn into a complete **tch. :angry:

I know some people that it works for though. Whatever works for YOU! :heart:
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the muscle loss, migranes, and all sorts of other problems! :drinker: I shall continue eating my food whenever the heck I want.
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I actually did fast for 3 days before for religious reasons (no food but allowed myself juice, water, and tea). It was not nearly as hard as I had anticipated. By the 3rd day however, everything was going straight thru me. I think it's a great exercise in self-restraint and I've thought of doing it again. Not for weight loss though. I also used to fast 2-4 days a month routinely. That's much easier and I do believe there are health benefits to that. Good luck on your journey! Do not let the nay-sayers dissuade you :)
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OP = troll
  • My parole officer requires me to get a minimum of 1100 calories every day lest we have a repeat of The Incident.

I kid, I kid. But I seriously do get cranky when I don't eat. So no.

Haha!
  • rharris47250
    rharris47250 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a terrible idea and a good way to crash your metabolism right before you start a new diet lol.