Chicken question???

So I went to a friends house and I didn't know but she had her boyfriend pick up KFC on his way home...ughhh I was starving and needed something to eat...and I felt horrible just getting up and leaving...so I took the chicken only but took off all the skin and fried part...I heard once that you cut so many oil calories doing that because when it's fried the oil doesn't sep into the chicken it's only on the fried part. Is that true??

Replies

• THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    My problem with KFC is that, though I still like the flavor, the salt content is just way too high.

It makes sense that the coating is the part with the most oil though. Plus, who knows what kind of oil it's been fried in?
  • I rather not have KFC lol but I was starving and couldn't leave. But thus brought up a good question for in general... Does the oil reach the chicken when fried? Or is all that juice the natural juice that's trapped inside?
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    In short yes you cut a lot of the calories and fat etc. Is there still a lot of salt and more fat than regular chicken? Absolutely, but what you did is much much much better health-wise than just eating the full chicken with skin and breading etc. Way to go!