Hi, i would like some jogging buddies.

Options
neilvv
neilvv Posts: 146 Member
Hi people.
I would love to have some joggers on my friends list, any one interested? I'm not a natural runner but i have actually started to enjoy a jog or 3 each week. I have built up to 10K in distance over the last 3 months but my goal is to be able to do a half marathon distance this year.
Show yourselves.........

Replies

• Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am very new to running/jogging, I'm on week 3 of the couch to 5k app. I love it so very much. Even just got some new running shoes. Running is my therapy, it helps me clear my mind. :) Love it! Would be cool to have a bunch of friends that love it just the same. I will send you a request. (Any other runners/joggers feel free to add me as well)
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there - feel free to add me. I do about four 3-4 mile runs a week. I also have a goal of doing six 5k races this year!
  • neilvv
    Options
    Thank you Pretty miss
    Hi there - feel free to add me. I do about four 3-4 mile runs a week. I also have a goal of doing six 5k races this year!
    That's a great goal hitting add now!

My goal when i started jogging was to be able to run 5k but i just keep adding distance as i'm a gluten for punishment. It would be great to have joggers at all stages on my FL beginner to pro to cheer on.
  • TB6197
    TB6197 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi all, sounds good to me. Running is great - I have been running on and off for a number of years and I keep coming back to it. Love my long Sunday run the best.

Tom
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    Trying to get back into running after a few years off! Finding it hard! But i will get there! Motivation and support sounds like a great plan!! I am currently training for my first tough mudder, so i am doing alot of gym and strength work too. Aiming to squeeze in 2-3 runs a week at this stage and up the amount as time gets closer. Usually about 6 - 8km runs
  • jonnie7053
    jonnie7053 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. More runners on my friend list would be nice too.
    Been running for almost a year, I run up to 6 times a week at 5-10k distances.
  • jennynewbury
    jennynewbury Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - active runner/jogger starting training for a half marathon
  • smcturbo
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I had been running 3 miles a week about 3 times, along with mixing in other excercise, but I'm working toward a 10 mile run in May (and I've never run more than 5 miles before this). So, I'd be interested to see other runners building up to their goal distance
  • katiepen
    katiepen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm doing the couch to 5k app to! I find it really motivational and even tho the first run of the new week is tough I find the last one a bit easier, I'm due to do my 3rd run in week 4 today. I'm running on a treadmill in our garage at the mo as I'm not a natural runner and at least the treadmill makes me keep going :happy:
    I hope to have a go at running in the great outdoors today, I plan to start out with the run from week one to see how I get on.

Please feel free to add me if you like.

x
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Another newbie to jogging but not doing any specific program. I'm just starting out and hoping to add more as I keep going! I'd love to be able to run a half marathon, or even a marathon some day! At the moment I've worked up to about 3x 5k runs a week but soon I'm going to just add more time and keep going! It's always the first 10 mins that are the hardest for me, but I'm becoming addicted to the feeling once I've completed a run! I'm not a natural athlete and jogging is something that I always hated, so to be able to enjoy it now and make it to 5k is a real achievement for me, and I'm looking forward to progressing!

Feel free to add me, anybody :) I'm online everyday and it's always nice to have more friends, especially with similar workouts too!
  • evilmj31
    evilmj31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey I run track with my son and boyfriend four times a week. We run about half an hour right now, which hopefully by the end of May will be a good solid 5K. Next year I am aiming to do a 10 K....not sure if I am really to even consider marathons, but I do enjoy a good run!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a runner that is starting back after an injury. I have to learn to take it slowly.

Always open to new friends.

Karen
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a break from running at the moment to focus on weights, but I plan on getting back into it in time for the Peachtree Road Race in July. I want to try my first obstacle run sometime later this year and build up to a half marathon either at the end of this year or the beginning of next year. I've been running anywhere from 3 to 10 miles at a stretch, depending on the day and what other workouts I've done that week. Feel free to add me.
  • maggy2878
    maggy2878 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I don't know if there is a place for me here but I am a wanna be runner and need some tips. I am a size 12 wanting to be a size 8 . Can anyone please post some tips for beginners ?

Thank you in advance :)

Sheetal
  • neilvv
    Options
    Hi
    I don't know if there is a place for me here but I am a wanna be runner and need some tips. I am a size 12 wanting to be a size 8 . Can anyone please post some tips for beginners ?

Sheetal

You will fit right in you can do this! FR sent
    Hello. Have you heard of the couch to 5K ? It's supposed to be a fantastic way into jogging maybe give it a try?
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=couch to 5k&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CFkQFjAE&url=http://www.c25k.com/&ei=j1weUaexL8SG4gSMjoDIDg&usg=AFQjCNF-GziAKmC69TVHO4MFyfGtATC7Yg

I started out on the treadmill with a very slow jog for 10 minutes and gradually over time increased my time not worrying about distance or speed,just how long i could last before collapsing in a horrid sweaty mess. I could not run but was determined to make it happen. I hope this helps you.
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like :) I started running last year in Aug/Sep and now run about 3 -4 times a week - a mix of treadmill and outdoors. Busy trying to get my pace quicker as I'm a slow runner.
  • rgrstetson
    rgrstetson Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I run, I love to run. I love to help people get better at running as well and I am fair game to helping anyone.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i run, anyone can add me.
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am not sure i would say I love running but i love the sense of accomplishment I get when i increase my time or distance. I did C25K last year and now have been doing a bridge to 10K. My goal is do get comfortable there and maybe next year start working on a half marathon.

Feel free to add me it would be nice to have running friends!
  • TB6197
    TB6197 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi

Sheetal

I would agree with Neil. i did a similar schedule to the c25 a few years ago. the hardest bit is getting going, once you do however there is no stopping you. And the with schedule you make progress really quickly.

Once you think youve cracked it get some proper shoes though
    - you will need them

Tom