Non-Protien powder healthy smootie receipes?

Options
FloraDelirus
FloraDelirus Posts: 44 Member
I'm looking for healthy, filling, delicious, no protien powder required smoothies. I try to eat enough meat/eggs in the day to get my needed protien intake so I'm not looking for protien but I'm looking for something to help 'take the edge' off during the 'snack' times between meals that I can sip, will make me feel satisfied and be healthy for me without leaving the aftertaste and grittyness of protien powder.

Any receipes would be wonderfully helpful! Thank you

Replies

• maite_zaitut
    maite_zaitut Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make mine with
    1cup almond milk
    1banana
    1/c cup of blueberries
    1 cup of spinach
    ice
    It's about 190 calories and you don't even taste the spinach
  • Xelace
    Xelace Posts: 18
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I was completely hooked on mixing orange juice with frozen berries (usually blueberries and strawberries with the occasional raspberries).

If you're a frappuccino fan, I can recommend freezing coffee ice cubes (I use very strong coffee).
    Personally, I'm a sucker for mocha, so I use equal parts milk and chocolate almond milk with cubes to match.
    Alternatively, pour coffee in with the milk and use regular ice.
    Can't say it's directly healthy, but it's mostly coffee/ice, so it doesn't add up to much.
  • seakittyfish
    seakittyfish Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just do the simple and it is very satisfying to me.
    1/2 cup plain non fat yogurt (Greek yogurt if you want it thick like a Wend'y's Frosty)
    1/2 cup (or more if you desire) frozen fruit (blueberries or mango or cherries etc...)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    sweeten with your choice of sweetener

Just put in blender and blend until smooth. If you need to you can add a little water to get it to start blending just don't add to much or it will be runny. You can use just one fruit or several what ever you like. My favorite is blueberries and mango together..
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a smoothie place, so I've experimented with a lot of stuff.. I usually throw in whatever I have in the house but here's some suggestions..
    water/milk/ fruit juice (you don't need very much liquid enough to make it blend)
    frozen fruit (mango, peaches, strawberries are my fave!)
    spinach
    banana
    greek yogurt (makes it nice and thick)
    ice if needed
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I was completely hooked on mixing orange juice with frozen berries (usually blueberries and strawberries with the occasional raspberries).

If you're a frappuccino fan, I can recommend freezing coffee ice cubes (I use very strong coffee).
    Personally, I'm a sucker for mocha, so I use equal parts milk and chocolate almond milk with cubes to match.
    Can't say it's directly healthy, but it's mostly coffee/ice, so it doesn't add up to much.

I thought I was so smart when I decided to freeze my coffee! It makes such delicious frappuccino's :D
  • FloraDelirus
    Options
    I make mine with
    1cup almond milk
    1banana
    1/c cup of blueberries
    1 cup of spinach
    ice
    It's about 190 calories and you don't even taste the spinach

Ok, I'm going to ask a silly quesiton.l..well maybe not 'silly' but is the spinach fresh or cooked and - why do you put it in, in the first place? What does it add?
  • FloraDelirus
    Options

Can you explain the mocha part and how you prep all of this? What kind of coffee do you use? I LOVE Starbucks Frappuccino's but they are so fattening!!!! I can't stand plain coffee!! It tastes so bitter to me! But I love it flavored with flavored cream and sweatener.

So I'm willing to try mixing coffee flavored stuff with other stuff as long as it comes out tasting not so bitter. (I have very acidic saliva - I know, way too much info - but it makes anything sour/bitter/tart tastes EXTRA sour/bitter/tart to the point it's not appetising and makes me not like it)
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    ive ben adding
    1 cup of strawberries
    1/2 cup yogurt
    1 banana
    and 1/4 - 1/2 cup of oj (depending on how thick u want it )

i always freeze my fruit over night makes it so u dont have to add ice